What's new

Thoughts on TOBS Bay Rum? Compared to others?

Howdy,
I've been looling around online for some aftershave/colongnes online but i dont want to buy anything without knowing what it is like.

I will go into the Shaving strores when i go into the city on Wednesday and i was wondering if there was anything particular i should keep my eye out for.

I saw the TOBS Bay Rum on an online store and it was sold out and it sounds pretty good. How does that one stack up compared to others on the market?

I dont really want anything too oily because i have some mild acne and i don't think oily aftershave will do me too many favours.

I am looking for something to apply to my face after shaving (but also works as a colongne) that has a handsome, masculine scent and strong-ish enough that people will notice but obviously, not too overpowering. (duh, thats what everyone looks for, but just so we are clear.) Also, i am not to keen on scents like citrus, green leaves and the like.
Thanks.

I have the TOBS bay rum. It makes good soothing but it doubt that it is strong enough that people notice.
I can't smell it either 10 minutes after putting it on.

Most bay rums are pretty light and won't stay with you for very long. Aftershaves, in general, aren't very strong. They will last for 30 minutes to a couple of hours. That said, some of the stronger aftershaves I have work well as light colognes. Pinaud (Clubman, Vanilla, Special Reserve, etc.) and Floid are the strongest aftershaves I have and they smell great. Aqua Velva and Old Spice are also very good.

Stick with the alcohol-based after shaves and you will be fine, and skip the balms for your skin type. Enjoy!

Agree most Bay Rums are pretty light. I like Bay Rum a lot, some guys don't. Never tried TOBS version...I like Dominica and Aubrey for AS splashes. Meehan for BR cologne.

Top Bottom