What's new

3 Month's of SR shaving so I....

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
3 Month's of SR shaving so I thought a video would be a good idea.

prep: Shower
soap: Tabac
Razor: 7/8 Joseph Elliot's hollow
AF - Spieck

here we go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Great technique and 12 minutes for a 3 pass shave! I wouldn't have been able to tell you have only been going at it for 3 months. To be honest I was a little frightened for you seeing your hand shake prior to your first pass, but you have no problems at all. It's also really easy to see just how little pressure you are using. I have been using Kamisori almost exclusively since Christmas, but you have inspired me to break out my Joseph Rogers Wedge!!

Good video. :thumbup1:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Thanks Kent: I too was a bit concerned with the shakes, this is not normal but was a bit camera shy LOL.
you could even here the brush clink on the bowl. That never happens either.
Do enjoy the straight may look at a 7/8 or 6/8 - 1/4 hollow for my next razor.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
yes Vickers that is my daily growth.
I now look it at a plus because I can SR shave every day.

Great video! I picked up a couple of things that I'll try out. After two months it still takes me about 30 minutes to shave with a straight razor so under 12 minutes is very impressive. Thanks for sharing and awesome looking razor!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
this video has gone to the dogs.....should have know Nova would steal the show. haha
$IMG_0655.jpg

These are my 2 dogs, both Black labs.
Nova on the left, she was the one in the video.
Max on the right.
together they are double trouble

Attachments

• $IMG_0706.jpg
    $IMG_0706.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I didn't come back over here to see your mug. :tongue_smThe music is nice, good picks. :thumbup::thumbup1:

The music makes the shave sound so dramatic...like in a Western movie.

Good effort and well done! I'm in my second month and it's going a lot slower, but I'm building up confidence every day. Thanks for posting the video as it's always good to see someone elses technique. That really helps.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I didn't come back over here to see your mug. :tongue_smThe music is nice, good picks. :thumbup::thumbup1:

The music makes the shave sound so dramatic...like in a Western movie.

Thanks Aaron. Turning up the volume on the stereo when SWMBO is not home and have a relaxing shave is great indeed.

What brush is that? I like the size and have been looking for something of that nature.

It's a Muhle Silvertip Badger hair 22mm.

$brush.png

Good effort and well done! I'm in my second month and it's going a lot slower, but I'm building up confidence every day. Thanks for posting the video as it's always good to see someone elses technique. That really helps.

Thanks Rob. Glad you enjoyed the video. Watching videos helped be when I first started.

Thank you for posting the video, I have copied your technique of passing from ear to nose and back. This has helped my shave quite a bit.

Top Bottom