What's new

Saving money with DE

....... isn't going as planned lol. I am just one of the many examples, I am sure. I am a newbie, and I just want to give a warning to all the other newbies, newer than me. The potential to save money is definitely there, but the temptation to try new things is much too strong! I have only been DE for under 3 weeks and I "need" more shaving things. If you are considering the change to DE, ask yourself if you are ready for this ride...

Shows that you have a lot of character Sir. It takes strength to admit that you are weak. And your weaknesses are advantages in this place.

like you said, you "need" more stuff. Give in.

Seriously though, I found myself needing more and more but did narrow it down to my basics. Now I have to get rid of a bunch of stuff that I'm not using. I see some PIF'ing in the near future. But you have to try the stuff to know what you like and want. I do save money of some things (basics) so I can splurge on some others. I think it all balances out. Maybe.

Also, I found that our three sample vendors on B&B are great to deal with. Look them up, it's a good way to try things.

The whole "saving money" thing is just to get the missus onboard :wink:
You do definitely save on blades, and they are so cheap you can afford to use a new blade more often, but you more than make up for the savings by other AD's.
I consider it a hobby and justify it to myself by saying its cheaper than spending money on cars :tongue:

The whole "saving money" thing is just to get the missus onboard :wink:
You do definitely save on blades, and they are so cheap you can afford to use a new blade more often, but you more than make up for the savings by other AD's.
I consider it a hobby and justify it to myself by saying its cheaper than spending money on cars :tongue:

Or a few other 'hobbies' that I have. You got it right. This stuff is cheap compared to. So says my wife, thank God.

Be careful when roaming into the other areas of this forum... You are liable to get hooked on pipes, fountain pens, clothing, watches, scotch.... And I can keep going!
Welcome to B&B!

Well you see, the reason we spend now is because we now have the choice to. In other words, we spend because we want to spend. We like collecting and trying the different shaving gear because it makes us happier. Before when we were buying cheap quality product and paying an arm and a leg... we didn’t have that luxury.

Well you see, the reason we spend now is because we now have the choice to. In other words, we spend because we want to spend. We like collecting and trying the different shaving gear because it makes us happier. Before when we were buying cheap quality product and paying an arm and a leg... we didn’t have that luxury.
Too true. Before this the most I had to look forward to was "oh look, this one has 10 blades".

I saved money for the first year or 18 months, I only had a tweezerman brush, parker 22r DE and a tub of TOBS lavender. Then I started reading this forum, and quickly bought 4 more razors, 3 more creams and a couple more brushes... run while you still can I guess is my advice haha

I think I'll save money, I'll just stop buying anything from now until 10 years from now and live off the blades in the cupboard and barbasol! On second thought I'll pass.

Top Bottom