What's new

Coconut Shaving Cream

I love the smell of PC Coconut soap. However, the soap itself just doesn't agree with my neck. I really like creams over soaps but I find that soaps come in many more flavors. Also, half of enjoying the shave is fragrance for me. Are there any coconut creams out there besides Trumper's? Or should I break down and spend the money on Trumper's Coconut Oil?

I don't know of any others. I'm just about finished with my tub of Trumper's Coconut. It's a great cream but I'm not sure I would buy it again. Other creams perform just as well for half the price or for even less. IMO you're really paying for the brand name and the scent. I've made the decision to stick with lower cost products in the future. The scents aren't always as refined but I've got a lousy sniffer so I often can't smell my creams during the shave anyhow. For me the scent is less important than the overall performance. I get just as good a shave from Palmolive as I do Trumpers.

The Trumpers coconut oil smells so good, i think its worth it if you got a little extra money.

I concur. In the world of coconut scents, there are none better than Trumper's cream. It's worth every penny in my opinion.

Although Pirate's Cove isn't far behind, it's too bad it doesn't agree with you. Tim does terrific work with those soaps.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge difference. A tub will last you what, almost 6 months of regular use (YMMV)? Break that down to a cost per shave and the difference is less than nominal.

Sure, you could get 2 tubs of TOBS for the price of a Trumpers, but what if that Trumpers gives you the best shave of your life? Do you want to die wondering? I know I don't.
Paid for by the Enablers Society of Badgerdom.

In the grand scheme of things, it's not a huge difference. A tub will last you what, almost 6 months of regular use (YMMV)? Break that down to a cost per shave and the difference is less than nominal.

Sure, you could get 2 tubs of TOBS for the price of a Trumpers, but what if that Trumpers gives you the best shave of your life? Do you want to die wondering? I know I don't.
Paid for by the Enablers Society of Badgerdom.

A very real society!

Vitos soft soap (via italianbarber.com / razorock) comes in a version with added coconut oil. The scent is subtle, but the performance is outstanding.

The Shave Den sells coconut. I've tried their Bourbon Vanilla (smelled good enough to eat) but the quality of the cream was so-so, though it is cheaper than say the 3Ts. Very thick (like clay) so it take some work to lather.

The Shave Den sells coconut. I've tried their Bourbon Vanilla (smelled good enough to eat) but the quality of the cream was so-so, though it is cheaper than say the 3Ts. Very thick (like clay) so it take some work to lather.

The TSD coconut is not a pure coconut, however. There are added citruses, IIRC. The coconut-lime-verbena also smells good enough to eat.

Their soaps, btw, are great performers.

Vitos soft soap (via italianbarber.com / razorock) comes in a version with added coconut oil. The scent is subtle, but the performance is outstanding.

+1, Vito's Super is my favorite Italin soft soap, but the scent is very very lite. Spend the extra $10 on Trumpers, worth every penny.

The Trumper's is awesome.

Now that summer is coming, a nice cold Pina Colada while shaving with the Trumper's cocnut must be a nice combo! :smile:

I love the smell of PC Coconut soap. However, the soap itself just doesn't agree with my neck. I really like creams over soaps but I find that soaps come in many more flavors. Also, half of enjoying the shave is fragrance for me. Are there any coconut creams out there besides Trumper's? Or should I break down and spend the money on Trumper's Coconut Oil?

I don't know of any others on the market. But the Trumpers Coconut is so marvelous,why would you want anything else? Its worth twice the price IMO. (Well maybe not twice !)

Craig

I also have a tub of GFT coconut and think it's great. However, I find the scent quite mild. I often mix it with T&H Lime and that's a GREAT combo.

just finished my 1st shave with the GFT cream.. and it was fantastic.

nice scent, great lather. very impressed.

i had a tube a year or so ago, but couldn't get it to lather. i guess the last year of wet shaving has brought up my lather technique, because i has no issues at all with this one.

Top Bottom