Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinaud bottles always leak

Default Pinaud bottles always leak

Anyone every had a Pinaud bottle not leak during shipping? Out of the seven or so products I've received, more than half have dripped inside the shipping box. Usually it's the poorly fitted cap on the bottles, but I've had a couple where the bottles were actually cracked and leaked inside the box. Luckily, the most I've lost is about 1/4 of the bottle, but still, the shippers could either wrap them in a zip lock bag or wrap them in extra bubble wrap.

Other than their cheap bottles, I love Pinaud products.
    "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead..." Buk

My Pinaud bottles are always sealed under the cap. I would be questioning your source if they aren't. As for the bottles cracking, rough shipping man. It's only plastic.
    Arko Cultist, B&B Face Latherers Club United, Old Spice Monday's participator.

Some of the caps don't fit well either. I often get leakage if I shake my Pinaud bottles before use. (I added glycerin to them so I give them a shake before use.)
    Chris

SIR Searus Dysconyus - OG Member - Knights of the Maillard Table

Funny you mention it, when I received my 12oz Bay Rum bottle from a Walgreens.com order they had sealed it in a ziplock style bag and it had indeed leaked a little. Not too much, but I was thinking that the bottle might have broken. Must have just been the cap however as I have not seen it leak since.

If the Veg leaks,stay away as far as possible and call Haz-Mat

Images

Yep. My Special Reserve and Vanilla clubman spilled on my floor about 2 days ago due to the plastic cap coming unscrewed. Very interesting scent mixture though. Not reccomended of course. If the Veg would have fallen on the floor i would have been faced with the true test wether I like the scent or not. Right now it's just sitting there waiting for the day I'll give it a fair chance.
    My name is Chris. I'm addicted to shaving and heavily influenced by enablers.

Load it like you hate it! Full fledged 3017'er/ Unofficial 2013 Sabbatical Participant

Images

The lids aren't on tight enough. I bought one in NYC, went to London and it leaked. Fortunately it was still in it's plastic bag. I just tightened the cap under the plastic seal and it was good for the rest of my trip and back to Australia.
    -David

Australia? Visit the Great Southern Land!

WWHLD?

Wake me up when Laphroaig releases an aftershave.
    Need help? PM a Mod!

No, I haven't had a leaky bottle from Pinaud, but then again, I pick them up locally so if there was a leaky one, I wouldn't pick it up

The bottle of Pinaud I ordered from WCS made it all the way across the country without leaking, so that was good.
    I am not a purist, I am a funist. Founding Father of Bad Latherers Anonymous. Disciple of Ogallala and First Mate of The Captain's Choice.

Images

None of mine leak and I have both size bottles
    2014 Roundup and Contributor Give Away

Now is the time to contribute to B&B to help us keep the lights on (and keep Ouch in tacos).

Check out the give away contest items for those who contribute (some great swag)

Mick (insert witty comment here) - Shaving Soap Forum Steward

My last order from Appleton Barber Supply was fine. I had three bottles in that order and have never had a leakier from those guys.
    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company. G. Washington

Happy Trails.

Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonylove View Post
    My Pinaud bottles are always sealed under the cap. I would be questioning your source if they aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by cxg231 View Post
    (I added glycerin to them so I give them a shake before use.)
    Spoonylove & Chris:
    I've never had a leaky bottle (maybe I'm just lucky), and I add about 10 drops of glycerin per 6oz bottle...and always give the bottle a shake before use.

"Hard work is the aftershave ofaccomplishment". Author Unknown

Chris ~ Order of Pinaud, Head & Face Latherers Club United, Alliance of Merkur, League of Extraordinary Mild Shavers, Voskhod Comrades Club, Brotherhood of the Boar, Foxhole Shavers Club & The VDH Society!

I just got a bottle of Clubman Special Reserve from WCS and it had leaked almost down to the "shoulder" of the bottle during its trip cross country. The cap was 1/8th turn loose under the safety seal...
    Chris

SIR Searus Dysconyus - OG Member - Knights of the Maillard Table

+1 Appleton Barber Supply - couple orders no leaks

Images

I received three bottles of Clubman Vanilla with no leaks, but the seller also included a free nail file, which almost sawed through one of the bottles.
    Big LOSER and BOTOC. I am a grandfather, so I should smell like one.

why being shipped? Boise dont have walgreens or rite aid pharmacies? they always have the originial pinaud.
    BOTOC, Arkolyte, TOFLAC-U, Muhle R41 (2010)- Merkur Progress, Merkur 37 Slant, Simpsons Wee Scot lover,Omega Pro boar, Arko & Gada face latherer.
    SUPPORT B&B BUCK A SALE.

I wanted more than the original Clubman and the Veg. I have 7-8 varieties.

Quote Originally Posted by jsj_297 View Post
    why being shipped? Boise dont have walgreens or rite aid pharmacies? they always have the originial pinaud.
    "Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead..." Buk

Quote Originally Posted by BrookR1 View Post
    Anyone every had a Pinaud bottle not leak during shipping? Out of the seven or so products I've received, more than half have dripped inside the shipping box. Usually it's the poorly fitted cap on the bottles, but I've had a couple where the bottles were actually cracked and leaked inside the box. Luckily, the most I've lost is about 1/4 of the bottle, but still, the shippers could either wrap them in a zip lock bag or wrap them in extra bubble wrap.

Other than their cheap bottles, I love Pinaud products.
    I have never had a problem with any leaking bottles of Pinaud...
    But I am also fortunate enough to be able to get my Pinaud's from numerous local stores.

alcolado glacial (the penguin) almost always leaks..horrible neck,threads and cap.

I've never ordered any Pinaud stuff through the mail, but the bottles almost always leak when I bring them home from the store. I've had Clubman, Clubman Musk, Special Reserve and (Ick!) Tres Flores spills in my car.