What's new

Age and shaving frequency poll

How old are you and how often do you shave?

• I'm under 40 and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm under 40 and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 120 and stopped shaving when I died

Results are only viewable after voting.
For the people answering 7 times per week, do you get used to it over time? If I tried that my face would be cut to shreds.

I was able to wet-shave daily right off the bat (using a DE). It took me awhile to build up to daily 3 pass shaves though.

I'm 49 and I shave daily ...it's just how I roll!

24 and I shave 6 days a week. (Unless I'm super sick. Or uh... not sober enough to trust my self with my DE) I don't need to be for work, however I enjoy shaving.

For the people answering 7 times per week, do you get used to it over time? If I tried that my face would be cut to shreds.

Your face adjusts. More important is that you become better at it over time.

The more you practice the better you become

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Interesting poll! I'm an older guy and I can't stand not being clean shaven. I notice many of the younger guys sport what I like to call "The Yasser Arafat Look". So far 43% of the younger guys shave less than 6 days/week, but only 22% of the older guys shave less than 6 days per week.

21 and shave 6 days a week usually, sometimes all 7 depending on what my days off entail. I probably could go less if I did a good DE shave; WG,XG,AG, etc in the morning but I tend to save those shaves for night while my daily shaves are a simple pass WG cut. While I love the efficacy of C.O. Bigelow, Barbasol is still my daily shaving cream with a proper soap.

25. even if i wanted to shave everyday i wouldn't be taking much off. Usually every 2 or 3 days depending if i got some razorburn or anything like that.

I'm 33 and do a three-pass shave every morning, maybe skip Saturday or Sunday once or twice a month. Daily shaves has been a habit since I was 17 or so, and since i "discovered" DE shaving last autumn I enjoy not only the result but the actual act of shaving. That famous "zen-moment" in the morning before heading off to work. :thumbup:

I haven't read all the threads and so this may already have been said but I think shaving frequency also correlates with employment status ( i.e. retired, actively employed, and unemployed) , color of face hair, and white collar/blue collar.

Top Bottom