What's new

Age and shaving frequency poll

How old are you and how often do you shave?

• I'm under 40 and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm under 40 and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 120 and stopped shaving when I died

Results are only viewable after voting.
36 and daily. I even telecommute from a home office so appearance isn't mandatory. I just hate being scruffy.

30..... I shave daily...... I've always liked being cleanly shaven.....plus I have quite a bit of gray hair....so unless I want to look older than I am....clean shaven it is.

In answer to the earlier query:
"For the people answering 7 times per week, do you get used to it over time? If I tried that my face would be cut to shreds."

50 yrs. Once my technique was down I went from every 2nd day to daily.

58; I shave 5-6 times a week. Almost always skip Saturday, and sometimes skip Sunday as well.

I recently recovered from a bad razor rash (which might have also been something else), and I noticed today that it caused me to greatly improve my technique.

32. When I was using cartridges, I'd only shave once a week at most, usually once every two weeks. I wasn't doing it 'cause I looked purdy the whole time, but because if I shaved more than that it felt like someone was ripping my face (or head) off. Now that I've got a DE, I'm shaving every other day and loving it.

Cheers,

M.

26. I hated shaving before. Now shaving has become an amazing comfort and joy. I shave 7 days a week if at all possible. I have very thick beard growth. I have had a beard for years so not having one has gotten me many comments and compliments. That is nice. I enjoy my shave and want to share with everyone, but alas most people in my life don't care. Including the fiance lol.

23 and I shave most every day. Albeit my days off from work and class. Being Clean shaven definitely cuts down the number of "young punk" comments I get at work from the older guys that have been shooting longer than I have been alive.

I am 46 and I shave every day. Sometimes I will skip a day on a weekend but that is rare. I love the feeling after a shave, especially the feel of my smooth bald head.:thumbup:

23 and I shave most every day. Albeit my days off from work and class. Being Clean shaven definitely cuts down the number of "young punk" comments I get at work from the older guys that have been shooting longer than I have been alive.

You've gotta love the use of "young punk" in 2012 by the elder statesmen. I grin every time I hear it used. I'm sure ole-man Clint E. is ripe with pride. The old guys like you, that's all.

56 and usually shave every day, maybe once a month I'll skip shaving on Sunday.

+1 (actually, subtract one year from the age and I'm an exact match)

Haven't been to Indiana for a couple of years, but it appears the troopers have relaxed their grooming standards a tad. Unless trooper is for Army, in which case I don't recall Ft Ben's soldiers appearing the same. :wink2:

During my career I always:

Wore a suit and had my laundry put heavy starch in my always white shirts.

Wore a tie.

Kept my shoes shined.

Shaved every day.

Now that I am retired I no longer wear a suit every day but old habits are hard to break. My shoes still shine and I still shave every day so that I am not mistaken for a hobo.

BTW: I consider T shirts underwear and never venture out of the house without a shirt with a collar.

Top Bottom