What's new

Introducing the "RV7," - a masterpiece

This is the latest of several Rudy Vey brushes I've purchased, either from the Master himself or through B/S/T here on B&B. This is a pretty special one that I ordered to mark a special birthday this year.

It's a modified "7" design, turned out of vintage (legal) ivory, and fitted with a hand-tied Shavemac three-band knot. The knot is 26mm at the handle and has a loft of 56mm. The performance is up to Shavemac's sterling reputation, of course. Overall height of the brush is 126mm.

As you can see from the comparison photo, it dwarfs its M7 GYLE and Lee 7 cousins. The heft of the real ivory is impressive, and all my other brushes - wooden, resin, etc. - feel light in comparison.

Hope you enjoy looking.

View attachment 230211
View attachment 230210
View attachment 230209

I absolutely love those brushes. I think the "7" handle is an all time classic. Rudy turned me one also in this burled wood with a simpson/vulvix knot from a couple a years ago. Big fan of Rudys work. Enjoy your amazing 7's!

proxy.php

What a great brush! The only other handle that seems as easily recognizable to me is the handle on a Kent BK4.
Your new brush looks spectacular! I guess you might as well let me have the M7, right?

Beautiful brushes. ivory looks very classy. is this Lee 7 brush from last batch badger hair of lee ? Would you please share its hair characteristics?
please share post bloom pictures too.
Thank you & Congrats.

Beautiful brushes. ivory looks very classy. is this Lee 7 brush from last batch badger hair of lee ? Would you please share its hair characteristics?
please share post bloom pictures too.
Thank you & Congrats.

I bought this brush from Lee in early December, so I imagine it was made from the now-former grade of blonde badger. It's got a lot of backbone, quite soft (but not Thater gel-like soft), but a few quite scritchy hairs mixed in too.

Top Bottom