What's new

Trumper Skin Food vs T&H After Shave Balm

I couldn't turn up a direct comparison with a search. My interest is in the Lime scent: how does the Trumper Skin Food stacks up against Truefitt & Hill's Shave Balm?

Thanks for the help!

I like the scents from T&H better. However, I find their balms to be too heavy. Especially as it starts to warm up. My current go to AS is GFT Skinfood in Sandalwood.

I like and use balms from both manufactures. In lime I prefer T&H over GFT for the lime fragrance. Yes, T&H is a little heavy a little thicker, but not uncomfortably so, especially in the winter. I enjoy Coral Skin Food in the GFT line which I use more as we move into summer as it seems lighter and I enjoy the rose note. Scent is important in all the products we use and plays a big role in the items we gravitate towards.

It really depends on your skin IMO. My skin typically needs moisturizing, especially in winter, and the Skin Food just doesn't provide that. The T&H ASBs do. Skin Food has more of a "bracing" effect, while the T&H balms are more of a moisturizing lotion type. I may be able to get away using the Skin Food during the summer... that remains to be seen. All things considered, I think the T&H ASBs are the best balms I've tried. Especially when you consider the variety of excellent scents.

I really prefer the skin food... I sometimes will break out the T&H to match a T&H cologne that I'm wearing, but I still reach for coral skin food otherwise...

I much prefer the Skin Food over the T&H Balm. I find the Skin Food both makes my skin feel nicer than the T&H Balm and I think it smells a whole lot better. The Balm, like others have stated, feels heavier and leave my face slightly oily, plus is smells like Fruit Loops, which was a huge turn off. Thankfully I only had a sample of it. The Skin Food on the other hand has a much nicer, more subtle Lime scent.

When I had the sampler, I actually used both, and now use skinfood first, followed by Nivea ASB. I love the Trumpers Lime Skinfood, but it does leave my face feeling a little "taught" and under moisturized, so I usually use a very small amount of aftershave balm after the skinfood has soaked in. My face loves it, looks and feels great. I also really enjoyed the smells of T&H's ASB's, with most of them lingering throughout the day.

Well, I placed an order for GFT Skin Food. I'll pick up some T&H later on. I've tried both scents from cologne samples in the past, and like both, but have never tried the balms. I'm a big fan of Lime scents.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Skin Food has always made my skin feel tight after using it. I cannot say the same of T&H, in fact I think it's a pretty good balm.

So T&H.

I bought Sandalwood skin food and honestly I don't get the hype. $30 for 100 mL? Come on!

I use:

glycerin
lavender oil
witch hazel
jojoba oil

My skin feels great. Trumpers? Never again...waste of money for me.

I like my Trumpers Lime Skin Food. Let me however throw another comparison here: DR Harris Arlington Milk or T&H Balm (1805)?

I am debating purchasing either of these two. YES I want both but NO I can't have both lol.

Top Bottom