What's new

Found Some Williams Soap

And at the grocery store of all places. SWMBO was getting some shaving stuff for her, so I ventured down the aisle. Wegman's had 1.75 oz of Williams for $1.19. It smells a little too perfume-ish for my liking, but $1.19 for a tallow soap is not too shabby. Plus it gets a lot of compliments on the board. If I don't like it, I can always PIF it, so grabbed a bar for myself and we'll see what she can do tomorrow morning!

I'm sorry.

:lol:

Our local market sells it for under a buck. It's not, however, like the Williams of yesteryear. Regardless, you're not out much if you hate it and you've got a bargain shaving soap if you love it. I find it works fine but despise the scent.

I also finally found myself some Williams at my local CVS for a buck and some change. Not crazy about the citronella scent, but as a wet shaver I felt obligated to try it. Lathered it with no problems on the first try. Still waiting on my trophy...

Williams has stopped my receding hairline, restored my failing eyesight, helped me lose twenty five pounds of belly fat, cured my hangnails, and put the vitality back in my love life, and all for less than two dollars a puck.

Shave's still iffy, though.

Seriously, as long as you do your part, Williams can deliver a fine shave. There are better smelling, easier lathering choices aplenty, but something about bending Willy to your will is immensely satisfying.

If you can't shave with Williams it does make a silky smooth feeling hand soap. Doesn't crack and dry the skin on hands like Dial or Zest does either.

Yeah, I found it was quite bad today. Made me wonder why some on the forum love it. I guess they love the previous formula of the soap. Well, like you said, I'm out $1.19, so my heart isn't too broken over it.

If you can't shave with Williams it does make a silky smooth feeling hand soap. Doesn't crack and dry the skin on hands like Dial or Zest does either.

this. It's a great hand soap. My son washes his hands way too much and always had cracking/bleeding. I gave him a puck of Williams to use and it pretty much solved his problem.

I found some Williams too... In my trash can... I've got decent lathers out of it but the price was arm fatigue... I get them for free from work when I get coupons from my company "cvs" for buying 10 coke products

strop

Now half as wise
Yeah, I found it was quite bad today. Made me wonder why some on the forum love it. I guess they love the previous formula of the soap. Well, like you said, I'm out $1.19, so my heart isn't too broken over it.

All the love for Williams is for the VINTAGE Williams which is tallow based. Modern Williams is another story.

After discovering modern Williams I found out that the Americans still got it. Ok it still needs more time to discover how to do it right, and doing it right needs even more time, than any half-decent european product, but it is nice and still shows the US advantage on the rest of the world!! :devil:

All foolishness aside, it is a nice enough product once you take your time to get to know it. And there are not that many soaps that give an equal (or better) pleasant feeling of my skin.

Top Bottom