What's new

Traveling Scuttle

I'm getting anxious. You should have it today or monday. Unless Nicky decides to keep it. After all, he is in law school and possession is 9/10s of the law!

He just knows I'll hook him up with more soap samples :w00t:

Or maybe he wants to poke through my razors...

Seriously though, I have soap coming out of my ears and haven't even tried the MWF sample he gave me.

First, Cosmicdoom, you have got to try the MWF. I can't think of any good reason not to have lathered that up and experienced it in all its glory!

I'm getting anxious. You should have it today or monday. Unless Nicky decides to keep it. After all, he is in law school and possession is 9/10s of the law!

Second, the package hasn't arrived yet. As soon as it does I'll run it over to you...or maybe the next day after I give it a whirl. :)

We handed the scuttle off and I used it yesterday. Too bad it was about 90 degrees outside. It's a fine looking scuttle, though, and works just fine.

Jump on the list, CosmicDoom just got it, but it will be heading out soon. You guys on the end of the list will get it at the right time, warm lather is great when it's cold weather!

It has been a super hot Memorial Day weekend, so today I tried something new with the scuttle.

I usually cold water shave, so I filled the bottom reservoir with ice and water and the top with cold water to soak my brush. I took a shower, pulled the Proraso green soap out of storage, refilled the bottom with ice water and had an amazing and refreshing shave.

So everyone who puts the scuttle away in the summer, give it a try. This one one of my best shaves ever.

All due to an upcoming family vacation, I won't be at home for the next few weeks, would anyone mind if I went down a few slots?

All due to an upcoming family vacation, I won't be at home for the next few weeks, would anyone mind if I went down a few slots?

HogwildUSMC,

How about updating the list with your name either above or below mine (whichever fits your plans better). That way, cosmicdoom will know who to send it to next.

Regards,

Red-Leg

updated to reflect travel plans.. thanks all

1. Itaforte :scooter:
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. TripleT
5. Red-Leg
6.Hogwild USMC
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist

17. BigBull

Whats a Scuttle?

It's a double bowl, you add hot water to the inner bowl, it heats the outer bowl. That gives you the ability to heat your brush or your lather. To me there is nothing like shaving with hot lather.

Hey, I don't see one picture of the scuttle...! I was curious to see what it looks like.

I think as an added bit of fun it would be neat if people got a picture of the scuttle at a famous or interesting location near where you live, maybe put some attention on the 'travel' part of the Travel Scuttle!

I think it would be neat to see pictures of the scuttle in front of Mount Rushmore or the Grand Canyon... then go make some nice warm lather in that world traveling scuttle!

I would love a chance to try a scuttle. I believe the current list with all updates should be as follows?

1. Itaforte
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. TripleT
5. Red-Leg
6. Hogwild USMC
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist
17. deruitem
18. BigBull
19. LouBarraza
20. rancurt2

I would love a chance to try a scuttle. I believe the current list with all updates should be as follows?

1. Itaforte
2. HellaHella
3. CosmicDoom
4. TripleT
5. Red-Leg
6. Hogwild USMC
7. Elmango
8. Skyrider55
9. Pugslycat
10. Mechanically
11. Joamo
12. Buxwheat
13. Vferdman
14. Donoma
15. Polardude1983
​16. The Anachronist
17. deruitem
18. LouBarraza
19. rancurt2

I'm removing my name from the list. A local buddy of mine has allowed me to borrow his for a week, while I let him test-drive the LC New. I appreciate the opportunity that was afforded but I'd prefer to let someone get it that much sooner. Enjoy!

Top Bottom