What's new

Sold a Semogue boar, bought a Semogue boar

The 1305 was my first "good" brush and after several months use and hanging around here I soon became curious about Badgers. After a few restores with TGN knots I was hooked! I sold the 1305 but soon felt an empty spot that needed plugging. One of the things I disliked about the 1305 was the way it splayed like a mop on the deck of a frigate! I found a 620 on the forum and voila, that is what I wanted out of a boar. Still soft but with a shorter loft and more backbone. Love the lucite handle and classic label. This little guy stays.

I had SBAD and ended up with 3 Semogue boars- S.O.C., 620 and 1305. I bought the 1305, just because it was a cheap and cool looking brush for my collection, but between the 620 and SOC I don't see it getting much use. I love them both. They're both very different-the 620 is an agile little face latherer for me, while the SOC is a BIG luxurious face mop of a brush, makes some of my best lathers. I imagine the 1305 might be somewhere in between? We'll see if I don't feel the urge to use my 1305 or start breaking it in anytime soon , I may just have to sell or trade it.

I had SBAD and ended up with 3 Semogue boars- S.O.C., 620 and 1305. I bought the 1305, just because it was a cheap and cool looking brush for my collection, but between the 620 and SOC I don't see it getting much use. I love them both. They're both very different-the 620 is an agile little face latherer for me, while the SOC is a BIG luxurious face mop of a brush, makes some of my best lathers. I imagine the 1305 might be somewhere in between? We'll see if I don't feel the urge to use my 1305 or start breaking it in anytime soon , I may just have to sell or trade it.

Break that 1305 in, once the hairs split and soften a bit it'll be a lather making machine. I use mine for bowl lathering, and my 1520 for face lathering. 1305 does face lather well I just like the shorter lofted 1520 a little more for doing that.

Clayton

Top Bottom