What's new

Finally got a Full buterscotch

Im such a happy chappy after what seemed like months of dissapointment of always being outbid right at the end (i know i should have bid higher but buying from outside of the eu is such a hassle) i finally managed to snag what i think is a nice looking brush but alas there is a down side and that's i have to wait for it to be delivered but another upside is it comes with a rocket so really its a win win....

any idea's on who might have made it..sorry about the pics they are from the listing..could it be a simpsons????
proxy.php
proxy.php

I think it migh be a Simpson Persian jar. Im not expert though. But it is a very handle I would love to own it. Is that the original knot?

Are you in Willenhall, West Midlands, like your profile header says? I'm pretty sure the UK is still in the EU ... At least for now.

I think it migh be a Simpson Persian jar. Im not expert though. But it is a very handle I would love to own it. Is that the original knot?

yep it looks original but doubt it will be staying in looking at the pic i might see about gettng it redone by simpsons if it is one of their brushes i think a 2 band silvertip or a manchurian would look perfect in this aaahhhaaa now i know what to ask for my birthday next month..
proxy.php

Are you in Willenhall, West Midlands, like your profile header says? I'm pretty sure the UK is still in the EU ... At least for now.
yep i am just that when you buy from outside of the eu in the uk you have to pay import duty on items that have a value of over £15 it used to be £18 plus a handling charge which can range from £3 to £8 depending on the size of the item to be delivered even though you have already paid for postage so it gets fustrating when you have to factor the extra cost's on top which stops you bidding on stuff you really want...

So i have checked the listing dunno how i missed it but there was a description for the brush by the seller and he had it down that its a "Cossack bakelite" i have no idea who Cossack are but will google it to death untill i do...

I agree with the above that it's a culmak. Very nice. I'll give you your money back on it of you don't want it. :biggrin1:

I was just joking. I got too many as it is that need new knots. I am looking for a Simpson to go with my Rooney and I'll be set...and maybe a Kent and a Culmak.

Excellent Brush you have got there.. Congrats.
Here my culmaks and also i have some handles waiting for restore..

Attachments

• $wm_normal_clmk.jpg
    $wm_normal_clmk.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 321
My Butterscotch Brushes collection including Vintage simpsons too.
i have some more brushes but not pictured yet..

Attachments

• $wm_normal_tb1.jpg
    $wm_normal_tb1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 308
My Butterscotch Brushes collection including Vintage simpsons too.
i have some more brushes but not pictured yet..

Holy:censored: i think you have far too many to use there and should let me look after maybe 1 or 10 of them for you :thumbup1:

Well it turned up today and it is indeed a culmak best badger 86 so well done cernel_joson unfortunately there is no prize for guessing correct but i have a few pics there is no damage to the handle but the knot is no good as you can see in the second pic looks to me like its just worn down after years of use with maybe soap sticks ...

proxy.php

proxy.php

I though id post a pic of him with his new chums standing proud on my big fellow case..
proxy.php

Top Bottom