What's new

What Should Isaac Do?

I'd give them a call for a status update. Certainly it's reasonable to check up on your order after 4 months.

When Alden did a custom run for Blackbird in black cordovan with their own branding, I asked about getting a pair in my size (13E) and they said 6-8 weeks. So you know it doesn't really take that long to make a pair.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I'd give them a call for a status update. Certainly it's reasonable to check up on your order after 4 months.

When Alden did a custom run for Blackbird in black cordovan with their own branding, I asked about getting a pair in my size (13E) and they said 6-8 weeks. So you know it doesn't really take that long to make a pair.

The length of time can also be determined by the color of the shell cordovan. While colors like Black and Color 8 are more readily available, colors such as Cigar or Ravello can take much longer and are limited in there availability.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence

I was being piggy backed on an order by the Shoe Mart, so I am not worried one way or the other. Besides, funds are a bit low after coming back from the comic con.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Going into the five month mark. Damn time flies. I am a bit worried now. I have a great deal of projects all coming into the endzone right now. The Aldens, a Tim Zowada, a few pens, and a custom desk seal should be finished all by August. YIKES!!!

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
After shaving with your Zowada, write a letter to a friend you haven't spoken to in a while with one of your new pens, and seal it with your new custom desk seal and walk to the post office in your new Aldens to post your letter.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
After shaving with your Zowada, write a letter to a friend you haven't spoken to in a while with one of your new pens, and seal it with your new custom desk seal and walk to the post office in your new Aldens to post your letter.

That whole scenario might be you tube worthy...haha

Too funny. I'm planning on doing exactly that tomorrow with a new pair of Alfred Sargents and my Zowada. If I can bear to wear them outside so soon. No letters, just emails - my handwriting debases everything it touches.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well, that 6 months sure flew by. Now where are those shoes? :biggrin:

6 months did fly by. Still no shoes. I need to give ShoeMart a call and see what the deal is. Im in no hurry..haha

Wow they sure did. He ordered and received a Damascus Zowada faster... :lol:

I think I prefer the Zowada over the Alden's anyway. So that worked out..

Came to look, still no shoes-WOW

Yeah..no shoes. I may give a call next month..haha

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Well guess what just showed up on my doorstep.

The Loch Ness Monster?
The head of Alfredo Garcia?
The Last Will & Testament of Howard Hughes?
The Shroud of Turin?
The Beatles original "Butcher" album cover?

Am I getting warmer?

Top Bottom