What's new

Injectors

I've been wondering about trying a Schick Injector razor, as it's the one major variety I haven't tried - but I'm a bit concerned about blades.

Here in the UK, Personna injector blades are available from Connaught at reasonable prices, but I've heard people say they're not that great and the plastic casings can easily break. Schick blades are available from Amazon.co.uk, but they're very expensive - well over £1 a blade with shipping.

So, what do people think of these Personna blades? Or does anyone have any general tips about injector supplies in the UK?

I've been wondering about trying a Schick Injector razor, as it's the one major variety I haven't tried - but I'm a bit concerned about blades.

Here in the UK, Personna injector blades are available from Connaught at reasonable prices, but I've heard people say they're not that great and the plastic casings can easily break.
I'm interested in the same sort of answer, with the addition of whether any stateside chain sells any blades for injectors across the counter.

Amazon sells the Chinese Schicks that are great blades (and come in the metal injectors case).
In the US, no national chains carry them anymore, but lots of regional/mon+pop stores still have some in stock.

The old metal injector cases can be reloaded (carefully). Injector blades are available in bulk here: http://www.razorbladeco.com/products/26-coated-stainless-steel-injector-blade.aspx

1000 blades would last a very long time.

They also carry them in dispensers and I believe they are Personnas, 12 Cartridges with 20 Blades per Cart; http://www.razorbladeco.com/products/24-89-0043-coated-injector-blade-in-dispensers.aspx

Oscroft, I've purchased the Personna Shaper Blades, they are in every way an injector blade and used in some type of Shavette. The Cartridge didn't have a key, with patience and a jewelers screwdriver I put them in an empty dispenser, I found the shaves consistently smoother than the Chinese Schicks, which are good blades. I've yet to take the Personnas to the maximum limit of comfortable shaves, the Schicks went a total of 17 shaves, 13 were comfortable with #'s 3, 7, 10 & 13 rough. Right now I'm testing a NOS Schick Plus Platinum which has 26 comfortable shaves under its belt and it's still efficiently "cutting" without pulling or tugging.

Oscroft, I've purchased the Personna Shaper Blades, they are in every way an injector blade and used in some type of Shavette. The Cartridge didn't have a key, with patience and a jewelers screwdriver I put them in an empty dispenser, I found the shaves consistently smoother than the Chinese Schicks, which are good blades. I've yet to take the Personnas to the maximum limit of comfortable shaves, the Schicks went a total of 17 shaves, 13 were comfortable with #'s 3, 7, 10 & 13 rough. Right now I'm testing a NOS Schick Plus Platinum which has 26 comfortable shaves under its belt and it's still efficiently "cutting" without pulling or tugging.

Wow, I didn't realise they went that number of shaves! That makes the Amazon Schick blades seem like better value - and one pack of those would give me a decent metal dispenser in case I needed it for Personna blades. It's sounding like it's worth trying - thanks a lot for the info.

If anyone here in the states is near a Lowe's Foods (a chain in the Southeast, at least), I have found the Chinese Schick injectors there for about $6/7 pack. These are the ones with the metal dispensers, and are a very good blade IMO.

I'm also in the Metro KC area and am lucky to buy them at local grocery stores. Usually $5-$7 for 7 blades. Worth it IMHO.

I think they had them for $4-$5 I don't remember which. I bought a few packs and placed a WTB thread for an injector handle and I never picked one out to buy. I still need to find a handle, it would really be neat to find a Type 'O' handle.

I think they had them for $4-$5 I don't remember which. I bought a few packs and placed a WTB thread for an injector handle and I never picked one out to buy. I still need to find a handle, it would really be neat to find a Type 'O' handle.

I've been trying to find one in Japan, but nobody I ask here seems to even know what they are. The Injector and Injector II blades are widely available still though....

Wow, I didn't realise they went that number of shaves! That makes the Amazon Schick blades seem like better value - and one pack of those would give me a decent metal dispenser in case I needed it for Personna blades. It's sounding like it's worth trying - thanks a lot for the info.

To clarify, the Chinese/Amazon Schick gave me 13 comfortable shaves and 4 rough shaves. I had used a Personna for 7 comfortable shaves and didn't test them further, the seven shaves with the Personna were consistently smoother. IMO the Personna Injector Blade will provide the same number of comfortable shaves, without the occasional rough shave that was prevalent with the Chinese Schick Injector Blade.

To clarify, the Chinese/Amazon Schick gave me 13 comfortable shaves and 4 rough shaves. I had used a Personna for 7 comfortable shaves and didn't test them further, the seven shaves with the Personna were consistently smoother. IMO the Personna Injector Blade will provide the same number of comfortable shaves, without the occasional rough shave that was prevalent with the Chinese Schick Injector Blade.

That really is pretty impressive - it puts the price of the blade in a whole new light.

I have only used the personna blades. I don't know for sure how long they last, but at least 10 shaves. Seems like I have 2 weeks in my head for some reason, but I haven't used it in a while so I can't recall. The injector cartridge is aluminum (plasic base), and is not very good. I usually end up pulling the blades out of the injector and loading the blades manually.

Top Bottom