What's new

Your single best shaving tip

I've learnt lots of useful tips from these forums. However, there's one tip that really transformed my shaves, and it's this:

rub your finger tips with alum - this allows you to get a better purchase on your skin when stretching it during the shave.

I have a very angular jawline (not much fat around around there!), and I always used to have problems getting a decent finish around there. Since using alum on my fingers I now acheive a really good, close finish every time. I can't remember which forum or thread I read it on but I'd like to thank the poster for such a simple but effective tip.:thumbup1:

All this got me thinking: what's the single best tip you've come across?

Don't over-complicate it!

The bare essence and joy of shaving must not be drowned in too much soaking, preparing, rinsing etc.

I recommend using very shallow angles when finishing up the sensitive spots on your neck.

I also recommend using warm, not really hot water in your scuttles. Lather doesn't do well in a scorching hot scuttle.

Don't do more then 4 passes. If you need more then you are not holding the razor right and/or just hurting yourself. For me 3 passes max with no clean up pass.

Top Bottom