Face lathering soap problem
I'm having a problem with lathering that only seems to occur when face lathering.
I'm pretty sure I have enough soap on the brush before I start. I have experienced this when starting with a fairly dry brush a-la the "how to lather hard soaps" sticky thread. I have also seen it when starting with a fairly wet brush as in Marco's Method.
- I load the brush for 45-60 seconds, or give my face a nice coating with the shave stick.
- I lather up a really nice, creamy lather for pass one. (Used my stopwatch today, mixed on my face for 2 minutes)
- Pass two is thinner but still nicely slick.
- Pass 3 might as well be colored water off the brush.
- If I squeeze the knot from base to tips, I get the deep-brush creamy lather I am expecting from most of the knot. But the center is a wet, bubbly, dribbly mess. If I mix it all together with my hands and apply manually, I can have a decent third pass.
As for soaps I have seen this with Mike's Natural Soap, Arko, Palmolive stick, and MWF.
I haven't had this problem that I remember when bowl lathering.
So, B&B, anyone know what the root cause is here?
- Eric "Fountain pens, oil paints, wet shaving. Maybe I was born after my time."
Hard Hairpin Left (Maybe) - My Webcomic