What's new

Irisch Moos OK after Tabac shave soap ?

I'm thinking of getting some Tabac shaving soap.

I want to try Tabac and Irisch Moos aftershaves.

Can the Irisch Moos be used after the Tabac soap no worries? or is there a lingering smell from the Tabac soap to spoil it ?

they are both from the same company, so they should match up well.

I'm a firm believer that nothing goes better with Tabac than more Tabac,
but I have used IM aftershave following Tabac lather,
and it worked out just fine.

What about either IM or Tabac, after Proraso Cream.

The Proraso shave cream doesnt "seem" to be persistent. I assume theyd be OK. AM I wrong?

Irisch Moos is totally different from Tabac and I don't think the scents mix well. When you clean your face after shaving there is not that much scent left so I think the IM splash will have no problems overpowering the remains of Tabac soap but owning both I never came up with the idea of paring them. Too far apart imo.

Its just that I only want to buy one soap (for now) and that will probably be Tabac.
I do however want to try IM aftershave - thus my question.
Just wanted to be confident it wouldn't smell like some sort of horrible mixed cocktail

I note the IM only offers a shave stick not a puck.

You can also choose to wear striped pants with a plaid shirt.

Sure, you can do it...but the overall effect may be less than you would have hoped for.

Keep TABAC with TABAC, and IM with IM, that is my opinion.

The scent from Tabac soap fades very quickly, so using SIM aftershave shouldn't create a problem, but personally, I'd keep the two scents separated.

Its just that I only want to buy one soap (for now) and that will probably be Tabac.
I do however want to try IM aftershave - thus my question.
Just wanted to be confident it wouldn't smell like some sort of horrible mixed cocktail

I note the IM only offers a shave stick not a puck.
And a cream in a tube.

I shower-shave my head, so I'm stuck with "head"-lathering, either Tabac or MWF.
After I get out of the shower, I move to the face, and for that it depends on my mood.
Rarely, I'll just continue and lather up a bowl of the soap.
Sometimes I'll put some cream and glycerine in the scuttle and make Uberlather.
Most often, I'll completely rinse the brush and lather up a fresh bowl of IM, GFT Sandalwood, or Al's Calypso.

You can also choose to wear striped pants with a plaid shirt.

Sure, you can do it...but the overall effect may be less than you would have hoped for.

Keep TABAC with TABAC, and IM with IM, that is my opinion.

+1. Although I am a self-professed layerer and will always pair products together whenever I can....

I don't think that you have to be too worried about mixing shaving cream/soap and aftershave, so long as you wash off your face after shaving but before applying the AS. You'll only get a noticeable mix if you have soap residue left.

Saturday night,
I shaved with Tabac soap/cream, followed by Tabac ASL splash.
Then I covered it all over with RL Polo Green.
Looked good, felt good.
I'm gonna do it again sometime soon.

The only person who will note any clash of scents is you. And if this clash is unpleasant, it will only last about as long as it takes you to walk out of the bathroom. Soaps and creams leave practically no after effects. The smell of the soap dissipates so quickly that there is really no reason to worry what aftershave you use with what soap.

With that being said, I love to use Brut ASB after using IM soap. There is something about this combo I really like. However, this is a very short lived experience.

Don't let this issue dissuade you from trying what you want.

Jeff

Top Bottom