What's new

Rejected by The Veg

Well,long story short,received a sample of The Veg,and was rudely rejected.I gave it 2 hours to see if the lilacs would blossom ,or if they would rot.Well,after 2 hours,they rotted and to the shower I went.

I guess I wasnt one of the chosen few.:sad::bored:

Don't count yourself out yet,The Veg rejected me at first, but the second time I tried it The Veg relented and chose me.Even SWMBO likes it now,even after threatning to have me burned at the stake if I even went near the bottle.

Don't count yourself out yet,The Veg rejected me at first, but the second time I tried it The Veg relented and chose me.Even SWMBO likes it now,even after threatning to have me burned at the stake if I even went near the bottle.

Ah, classic VEGHOLM syndrome....

There is no dishonor in not being chosen.

Those who reject it out of hand after a whiff from the bottle might have their membership in the steely-eyed wetshaving man's club reviewed, but those who jump in with both feet and give it the old college try only to find out it ain't their cup of tea can go forth with heads held high.

Unchosen, mind you, but head held high nonetheless.

Ah, classic VEGHOLM syndrome....

:lol:

I received a bottle yesterday (12 ounces!!!) and when I first smelled it out of the bottle I almost threw up. It didn't help that I gave the bottle a tiny squeeze to force a little air out: that bottle was filled right to the top and it soaked my nose.

Determined to stick with it, I put some on my wrists so that I could experience the drydown, and while the stench lessened it never went away. I took a shower. I smelled it out of the bottle several times over the next few hours, and it was awful each time.

Here's where it gets weird: I opened the bottle this morning and I DIDN'T feel like puking. I put some on my wrists, and about 15 minutes later, it smelled OK. Thinking it was playing tricks on me, I asked my wife to smell it, fully expecting that she would be revolted. Nope, said it was nice.

I still washed it off before going to work tonight, but I'm going to try it again when I get home.

:lol:I received a bottle yesterday (12 ounces!!!) and when I first smelled it out of the bottle I almost threw up. It didn't help that I gave the bottle a tiny squeeze to force a little air out: that bottle was filled right to the top and it soaked my nose.Determined to stick with it, I put some on my wrists so that I could experience the drydown, and while the stench lessened it never went away. I took a shower. I smelled it out of the bottle several times over the next few hours, and it was awful each time.Here's where it gets weird: I opened the bottle this morning and I DIDN'T feel like puking. I put some on my wrists, and about 15 minutes later, it smelled OK. Thinking it was playing tricks on me, I asked my wife to smell it, fully expecting that she would be revolted. Nope, said it was nice.I still washed it off before going to work tonight, but I'm going to try it again when I get home.

Here's the scientific explanation:Sniff #1--full assault on olfactory nerve, body reacts by fight/flight/puke reflex action. Nature is telling you to turn back now.

Sniff #2-7-- The fumes eat away at your frontal cortex, disabling higher scent functions and lowering your IQ by a full 50 points (ever wonder why they it is the Veg?), you are no longer able to discern the fact that you are rocking a cat pee aroma, and all of the "Wow!" comments you hear on the street you think refer to the fact that you are a man of style and conviction, strutting like you're John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, but the "Wow!" really means that you have actually been turned into a human smelling salt, and just passing by you in the street is like a cold slap in the face to any innocent bystanders.

^^^^^:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Same thing happened with my wife. The first time, she hated it. The second time, she didn't mind it. The only logical explanation I could conjure up were that the mind-control pheromones were slowly taking over her brain. I had to dump the rest of the bottle before the The Veg took complete control.

Here's the scientific explanation:Sniff #1--full assault on olfactory nerve, body reacts by fight/flight/puke reflex action. Nature is telling you to turn back now. Sniff #2-7-- The fumes eat away at your frontal cortex, disabling higher scent functions and lowering your IQ by a full 50 points (ever wonder why they it is the Veg?), you are no longer able to discern the fact that you are rocking a cat pee aroma, and all of the "Wow!" comments you hear on the street you think refer to the fact that you are a man of style and conviction, strutting like you're John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, but the "Wow!" really means that you have actually been turned into a human smelling salt, and just passing by you in the street is like a cold slap in the face to any innocent bystanders.

That seems complicated. Do I still smell pretty?

Yes, you smell pretty.

Pretty bad!

Your jealousy is an ugly thing.

:ladysman:

I tried it again just now (I'm still skeered to venture out in public with it) and it smelled good AS SOON AS I PUT IT ON. I've let all of my kids smell it and they all say it smells OK (the youngest says it's too "powdery" for her taste).

It is easily the most bizarre scent I've ever tried. The only one that compares is Grey Flannel, which conversely got worse the longer it was on me, and more foul each time I tried it. I kept it for years and years and would occasionally give it a whiff or a dash, and it just never agreed with me.

No idea where it is now.

I had to use it for almost 2 months straight (every day, nothing else) before I grew accustomed to the scent/order.

Now I can grab it and use it anytime without fear.

proxy.php

Top Bottom