What's new

My closest shave yet!

I'm still pretty new to this DE shaving, about 2 months now, and have good results so far with my new razors, Merkur 180 and Parker 99R. Each time I try something new it just gets better. I started out with Proraso soap, later added a Nivea after shave balm, then added an alum block, and finally added Proraso pre-shave cream which made a big difference. Each new addition made the shave better.

Then yesterday my Gillette red tip, purchased on eBay, arrived. OMG! My face has never been this smooth! I LOVE that thing!! I was a bit leery of the aggressiveness so I started out with a Merkur blade which is the mildest I have used in my assortment of Sharks, Gillette 7 o'clock blues, and Astras. I have yet to try my Gillette 7 o'clock greens, Derbys or Feathers. I my never get brave enough to try the Feathers in my red tip. I REALLY liked the results of that red tip razor. Awesome is all I can say!

Each new item added to my shaving routine was the result of information from you guys so I really appreciate the all that you have provided.

Red tips are da bomb. I should have a nice cased one waiting at the post office for me today.

+1 on the Nivea ASB. That makes all the difference in the world after a close shave. I start off with that and let it dry down while I clean up, then I "over top" it with an after shave for the scent.

Top Bottom