What's new

WOW... MWF just impressed

So late last week I got around to ordering some samples from Gary. Probably got about 8-9 different soap/cream samples. All I hear about is MWF and Cella on here, so, of course the first two I'm going to try are those two.

First let me say, I am new to DE shaving, a little over a month. The only two soaps I have used so far are C.O. Bigelow (great cream in its respect, I love the menthol feeling) and the Edwin Jagger 99.9% Natural Sandalwood (love the scent). I picked up these two because I saw good ratings the site I ordered from, and the C.O. Bigelow is available locally.

Back to the shave today. I got my samples in last night but was exhausted from the day and had the morning the off today. I looked through my samples trying to decide which to try first. I was going with the Cella, but since I'm heading out of town today I figured the perfect little container it was in would travel well and not take up room in the shaving kit. So I pulled out an old coffee mug and pressed the shavings into the bowl and headed off to the shower.

The lather built up quickly and was nice and thick adding water until I got a great thick lather. Did a 3 pass shave since I had plenty of time WTG, XTG, and ATG. It was the smoothest shave I have gotten. The razor seemed to just glide, yet cut at the same time. The best experience before was with the C.O. I had gotten, but don't really use it when I shave at night. Look forward to trying some of the other soaps I got, but this soap is going on the list to order for sure.

I know there are other great tallow soaps out there looking forward to trying. I really think it was the fact it's a great soap, but it is tallow based unlike the EJ soap I also have. Wished I had found this site before for more info, but you live and you learn. By no means am I going to stick with this soap as I have a bad AD, but it will be in the permanent drawer for rotation.

Sorry for the rant/praise of the soap, as I know everyone here knows/thinks it's a great soap for the most part. It was just one of those Oh $@%*!!! moments today, and I wanted to share. :ouch1: :punk: :scooter:

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

Rant and praise away! Very few here, including myself, will disagree with your findings on MWF. Glad you found it eventually.....now the Cella to look forward to also:001_smile:thumbup1:

I agree with you. After I tried DR Harris, MWF, and Cella, my puck of EJ Sandalwood became a bath bar. Nice scent, but just nowhere near as slick as its betters.

YES!! MWF for life. It's my number one soap. I have it out on the counter to sneak a whiff throughout the day. My favorite by a longshot.

I'm pretty new to the DE game too, but I've been using a soap and brush for years. Pre de Provence was my favorite--stocked locally--and I highly recommended it, but MWF was a revelation. The only thing to rival it in my (limited) experience is the L'Occitane Cade, which I tried for the first time this morning. Absolutely superb! I have a sample of Cella on the way from Garry, which I'm eager to try. One of those (all too far advanced) birthdays approaching. Wonder what I'll treat myself to!

Interesting, we must be on the same wavelength today. I had a sample of MWF for a few months now. Used it twice very early on and was very frustrated and unimpressed. I could not keep the lather from dissipating on my face and had trouble getting a suitable lather. I decided this morning to pull it out and try it again, While I did have to experiment a little to get a good stable lather, it did work. I shaved and was shocked at how slick it was, and my face felt great. I am a MWF convert. Now I just need a full puck and I will be happy, next on my buy list.

I think MWF is one of the best but I don't think it is the best for a person just starting out. get experience on easer soaps than move over to MWF and you will appreciate it even more.

MWF is definitely my favorite soap. I love the way it lathers and it's nice, clean scent. Admittedly, other than MWF, all the soaps I have tried have been glycerine soaps, so I do need to try a good tallow based soap.

I have been fighting the fat for months. I was about to sell it and then saw a video from Mantic on how to lather it. Followed his steps and it worked beautifully!!! Leaves your skin so soft...

I've been at it for a while, and MWF stands at the very top of the heap. I didn't get all the fuss at first, but the more I used it, the more I liked it. There are a lot of great soaps that make this a fascinating and enjoyable obsession, but MWF is probably the all-around best and the one I could not do without. Subtle, understated excellence.

Top Bottom