What's new

Old vs. New Speick EdC and the new Speick Men's EdT?

Some background. The previous Speick EdC looked like this (very nice stuff):

proxy.php

(image borrowed from westcoastshaving.com)

The newer EdC (listed on speick.de as a unisex fragrance) is this (with "new fragrance" on the box):

proxy.php

(image borrowed from smallflower.com)

And now on Speick.de there's an additional new EdT for Men (alluded to in a thread from September 2011):

proxy.php

(image borrowed from speickwerk.com)

My questions are:

1. What is the difference in fragrance between the first two, above? I've used the top-most EdC and really like it. I want to buy more, but I don't know if I want to take a chance on the new one.

2. None of the on-line vendors in the US seems to carry the EdT for Men. Has anyone tired it? If so,please describe.

Thanks!

I'm curious about this too. I really like the "old" Speick cologne, and I much prefer the look of the original bottle to the new unisex one.

I've heard some bad things about the new Speick EdC, apparently the scent is stronger, and they've changed the overall balance and composition of the scent to be sweeter rather than fresh. Maybe they geared it to appeal more to women. Scents are pretty subjective, though.

I'm excited about the new EdT. From the website, the top note of Speick Men seems to be Speick, the middle notes are lemon grass and petitgrain (bitter orange) oil, and the base note is patchouli.

Edit:
Here are the ingredients:
Alcohol, Fragrance, Water, Limonene, Valeriana Celtica Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara Leaf Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus oil, citral, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, linalool

Last edited:
I never tried the old Speick EdC but bought a bottle of the new Speick EdC not long ago...it wasn't for me. had a huge head of Bergamot...very very sweet orange. I traded it and the new owner said he's quite happy with it. You never know until you try it on your self

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

The new stuff is foul. To me it smells very fake and tart. I'm trying to find a vendor with the old stuff.

Since WCS was still showing the old EdC on their site, I placed my order (along with the AS splash :w00t: and shaving cream :w00t:).

Oops -- it's the new stuff. :huh: :sad:

I'm wearing it today.

Pros: you can still tell it's a Speick fragrance. It does seem to have more fragrance strength and staying power (I've only been wearing it for 2 hours). Cons: It is -- different. Sweeter, and yet more pungent if that makes sense. If I catch a passing whiff, it's not that bad. If I smell it directly, it's not as nice.

I'll give it a week or so and see if I can get used to it, or if it is worth my time to do so.

Too bad they just didn't up the strength and leave the basic blend the same. Dang.

Edit: It may benefit from cutting it down with some perfumers alcohol or vodka. If I do so, I'll post the results if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom