How often do you smoke?

• > 1 daily

• 1 daily

• > 1 weekly

• 1 weekly

• > 1 monthly

• < 1 monthly

Results are only viewable after voting.
I started out with one pipe for Christmas and would smoke once or twice per week. Since I received two new pipes recently (early birthday present), I find myself smoking every day.

How often do you smoke and how much do you think is too much?

3-10 cigars a week depending on the season and how busy I am at work. Vacations and weekend days more, very busy work weeks or winter is less.

One bowl on the way home from work makes the hour+ drive in Los Angeles traffic more tolerable.
I rarely have a bowl on my days off, and I'm on 9-80, so I'm at a maximum of 9 bowls every 14 days, but in reality, I may only have one every other day, or maybe 2 days in a row and skip one.

This is split between my two Pete's and a Hardcastle.

Too much is whenever you feel its not enjoyable either when your smoking or when your not. looking forward to your next smoke is fine - tweaking until you get it isn't. While I smoke more frequently than most, there are virtually no restrictions on my choice to smoke in my working or home life, I am perfectly comfortable leaving my pipe at home to run errands for the day. That was not the case for me with cigarettes, they had to be on hand at all times.

...I smoke 2-3 bowls a day, depending. Usually on my commutes, to and from...or, if I'm home, I'll have one at night on the front porch...

Too much is whenever you feel its not enjoyable either when your smoking or when your not. looking forward to your next smoke is fine - tweaking until you get it isn't. While I smoke more frequently than most, there are virtually no restrictions on my choice to smoke in my working or home life, I am perfectly comfortable leaving my pipe at home to run errands for the day. That was not the case for me with cigarettes, they had to be on hand at all times.

Good point, James.

I once had a physical dependence on Tramadol (look it up, it's nasty) and didn't notice until my wife told me how unpleasant was since starting on them. Pain would increase, so my dosage would increase and my withdrawal symptoms would turn me into Mr. Hyde.

Perhaps I'll start cutting back to 1-2 bowls per week to see whether it's just the excitement of having new pipes or if there's something else going on behind the scenes.

I've been seriously smoking pipe again for a few months. I told myself, "You will learn how to do this properly, this time"...so I set out to do just that. Thanks to this forum, YouTube and some good friends I've been able to get the knack of it. I now find smoking a bowl very enjoyable and pleasant, where before it was a chore and frustrating. Now, lately I've been in the "discovery" phase of tobaccos, lol....I've been buying and sampling different tobaccos to find a few that I really enjoy. So I've been smoking at least 3 pipes per day for several weeks. Not because I feel like I need it, but simply to "try" another flavor. I get all my nicotine "needs" from my beloved Swedish snus ;-)

I have several more samples coming, ahahaha. B&B is killing me with all these AD's. My wife looked at me the other day and said, "So, are pipes your new thing?" pfft...what does she know, lol?

One pipe at night shifts at work (24hr Pool Hall) once all the customers leave, about 2 or 3 times a week and if I have a paper to write or exam to study for maybe another pipe every 2 hours until I'm done (helps me to focus).

It could be dangerous if she expects you to give up your other ADs!

New products are always exciting. I can't wait to try new tobaccos.

naaaah, she's good with my other AD's (fountain pens, ink, fragrances) as long as I don't start collecting other women, or spending our retirement ;-) I'm a pretty good boy, so she gives me more latitude than I deserve, lol

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
3-10 cigars a week depending on the season and how busy I am at work. Vacations and weekend days more, very busy work weeks or winter is less.
Mike:
+ 1 ...and I couldn't have said it better myself!!! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"My tastes are simple: I am easilysatisfied with the best". Sir Winston S. Churchill

1 - 3/4 cigars a week, depending on time, mood and company. Stopped cigarettes almost 50 years ago; smoked a pipe for a while after that, but got tired of the routine (carrying everything, etc.) and stopped. Smoked cigars (panatellas) on and off, with cigarettes and after. Back into cigars in the last year or two, but have a tough time finding the right combo of taste and size (panatella preferred). Searching and experimenting is fun, so that's not too bad. Wife has no problem with me smoking in house (she'll occasionally smoke one of my Davidoff Long Panatellas), but PC children and six grandkids object (eww!!!). My only issue is that I stopped drinking about ten years ago and really don't miss/think about it, until I light up. Must be a hangover (no pun intended) from the cigarette/drink in hand days long ago.

I usually smoke a pipe on Saturday night. Nothing special about it, it just happens to be the one night that I can sit down, relax, and enjoy it. The rest of the week is just too busy.

I quit cigarettes a little over 2 yrs ago and haven't gone back. I always wanted to keep smoking cigars but waited a year so they wouldn't be a crutch. Since taking cigars back up would say I average about 2 a week. I will usually have one on friday and one on hump day. Some weeks I only have none and some weeks I have 3-4. I don't worry about it as I don't physically crave them like cigarettes. I do find myself looking forward to them because I get to sit down and mentally decompress for an hour, kinda like meditation.

Jay

Depending on the week I usually have about two or three cigars. Now on the weekends I have two or three a day depending on the weather and if my son decides not to fight his nap times.

I usually only smoke one bowl or cigar a week. Ironically when I was working anywhere from 60-80 hours a week I was smoking 2-5 cigars a week.

Top Bottom