What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

I have 2 OC MM coming from eBay. When they get here, I will mail one of them to whomever has the razor so it can be passed around with the 1912 for comparison.

Another potential convert!

Look, let's not kid anyone, if there is a type of razor out there, I eventually want to shave with it. ;)
I've got the RAD baaaad. It would be worse if I had any free funds. My new pen ADs don't help either...

Seriously though, I am digging this SE thing. It's wonderful. The bad thing is I am already thinking thoughts like "man, I need to pick up a few GEMs for my buddies I converted to DE" and such thoughts.

Looks like I also have to add something else to the man kit I plan on giving my Lil bro when he turns 15. ::sigh:: it already includes a DE and brush and soap and such and a nice pen and a good pocket knife, why not go ahead and add a SE as well, right?

Had my second shave with the 1912 yesterday. It was the same as before, just the neck and trimming up my cheeks because I still have a beard. I am still impressed with how easily this razor handles my neck, which has always been the hardest area for me to shave because the hair grows multiple directions and with the contours of the neck and Adams apple its always just hell. That being said, this razor performed beautifully. I'm looking at some on eBay already so that when I send this razor on to the next lucky guy I won't be lonely for too long. Heh heh.

Had my second shave with the 1912 yesterday. It was the same as before, just the neck and trimming up my cheeks because I still have a beard. I am still impressed with how easily this razor handles my neck, which has always been the hardest area for me to shave because the hair grows multiple directions and with the contours of the neck and Adams apple its always just hell. That being said, this razor performed beautifully. I'm looking at some on eBay already so that when I send this razor on to the next lucky guy I won't be lonely for too long. Heh heh.

It really is a great razor isn't it. I feel in love with it from shave one.

Fellas, it doesn't look like it's going to be possible to get everyone a 1912, but I do have a spare user grade one that I'll give away to someone that was on the tour once it's over.

thats okay dave, on the plus side i got blades on the way, they will be waiting my turn mocking me on the counter as they sit there lol

I have been having a hard time finding info on some of the other 1912s, are the Ever Ready and Star razors very different from the GEM 1912? i know there are some differences between the GEM 1912, the GEM Damaskeene, and the GEM Junior 1912, but i haven't been able to find any real info comparing any of the GEM razors to the Ever Ready or Star razors. Anyone have a clue?

I'd post your in question in the LOSER Thread. I don't think there's much of a difference honestly that I can find.

Alrighty, got the razor shipped out to Brian today! Had one last shave with it yesterday, a little rougher, although the blade was on shave number 4 at that point. still, not too shabby. I guess next shave i might try out this OCMM that i got a while ago and never used. thanks again for letting me be in this pass around. its stuff like this that really makes me love being a part of this community.

Hey all, the razor arrived safe and sound yesterday. I am looking forward to a trail run this weekend.

I have gotten into a rut with long comb new shaves every weekday, skip Saturday, and mow down the heavy growth Sunday morning with the R41. this will be a nice change of pace :)

-Brian

Just so you know Brian, that 1912 can handle some growth. the first shave i had with it was taking down a few days growth and it did that effortlessly.

Here's an updated list

5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev
7. Wallstreet 77
8. Touchy
9. Mikeschu
10. Syngent

The tour will end with Syngent.

Wow. That shave was not at all like I expected. Because the DE razors dominated the market, I had assumed there was an ease of use advantage over the SE. Based on this morning's shave, I'd have to say I was wrong. The 1912 is so forgiving! I ended up with a BBS shave and zero irritation.

Basically i followed my normal pattern of not shaving Saturday. Today would have been an R41 day, but I broke out the GEM. I was tempted by some of the soaps and pre-shave that have collected in the box along it's journey, but I wanted this to be a good comparison so I used my normal Sunday routine.

Shower, then fill sink with hot water. Rinse face and face lather with red-tub Cella. Then shave away. The results were fantastic.

To quote Men in Balck, "I have got to get me one of these!"

The blade count is running a bit low. There are more than enough for me, but I though I'd buy some to throw in the box when I send the razor along. I don't know anything about SE blades, so what am I looking for?

PM me with your address Brian and I'll throw some blades in an envelope and send em to you. I think the Gem 1912 should run for president, cause it's changing minds and opening hearts all across America (and soon Canada)

And here's another surprise. I don't want it back, so after it's gone on it's journey, I'll draw a winner from all the participants and they can keep it.

Im currently trying one out but the blades from CVS pharmacy dont seem like good ones, what else should i try besides buying 200 for $20 online?

Wow. That shave was not at all like I expected. Because the DE razors dominated the market, I had assumed there was an ease of use advantage over the SE. Based on this morning's shave, I'd have to say I was wrong. The 1912 is so forgiving! I ended up with a BBS shave and zero irritation.

Basically i followed my normal pattern of not shaving Saturday. Today would have been an R41 day, but I broke out the GEM. I was tempted by some of the soaps and pre-shave that have collected in the box along it's journey, but I wanted this to be a good comparison so I used my normal Sunday routine.

Shower, then fill sink with hot water. Rinse face and face lather with red-tub Cella. Then shave away. The results were fantastic.

To quote Men in Balck, "I have got to get me one of these!"

The blade count is running a bit low. There are more than enough for me, but I though I'd buy some to throw in the box when I send the razor along. I don't know anything about SE blades, so what am I looking for?

Geez i just thought it would be cool to try out, but you are making me excited to see if this works this well for me

PM me with your address Brian and I'll throw some blades in an envelope and send em to you. I think the Gem 1912 should run for president, cause it's changing minds and opening hearts all across America (and soon Canada)
Lol, the GEM seems to live up to its promises it may do well as prime minister here i know it would get my vote, most of our leaders seem to be more of the DE types, that is to say two faced

Top Bottom