What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

I figure since this is the 100 year anniversary of the patent, as many people as possible should get to try one that haven't. So I'm proposing a passaround. I'll get it started and then we can send it along to other shavers. I'd like it back on January 1st, 2013. Here's a quick pic of it. I'll include a few blades as well. This was one I was going to PIF but the winner decided he'd like a Double Edge Instead so I supplied him with a SS.

If there are several people that want to be added to the list, I'll see if I can acquire one or two more (I know where two are at a local antique mall) to aid in the passaround. Please pay shipping to pass it along to the next person on the list and let's celebrate the anniversary of a truly great razor.

I love the shave I get with my other Gems, but haven't gotten a 1912 yet. If you get more interest, add me to the list. But don't do it just because of me.
Johnnie

I'd like to try this beauty out.
I shave with a more recent plastic (for want of a better word) handle. Gold head. I think very well of it.
I'll PM you my info....
Johnnie, send Dave the info, Brother.
Tom

At some point in the next day or two, I'll get it sent out with a few blades. Please use it for a week or so, then send it on to the next person on the list. I'd like to see this go the rest of the year.

Here is an updated list for who wants the 1912.

1. JBradley
2. Daniel Plainview
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee93

The 1912 is on it's way to the first participant. The only rule I can think of for this one is please purchase tracking for the next person so they can keep up with where it's at.

The 1912 is on it's way to the first participant. The only rule I can think of for this one is please purchase tracking for the next person so they can keep up with where it's at.

Brilliant! I can't wait for it to be my turn. Thanks for including me Dave!

No problem. We need to get a few more folks involved, otherwise I'm going to have it back the first of June.

Nah, we'll all just keep it 6 weeks! Come on guys, you get to shave with a 100 year old SE razor, for the price of postage? And if this goes like the Sheraton, there's no telling what will be in the box when you get it besides the razor. Surely there are other people interested in this?

i'd like to give a run of it as well… my only non-cobra SE is a OCCM with the tabs missing.. ouch… it hurt on the test run.. didn't know they were missing until careful research after the shave…

I received the little beaut today. I can't wait to give her a spin. Unfortunately, I got a BBS this morning, so I can't until at least the AM. Now, here's the question. I'm part of OC March, so does it count as an OC? It sorta is, but it sorta isn't.

I'd say keep it for a couple of weeks Jbradley. Keep it till the end of the first week of April. That way you can get a few shaves in with it after Open Comb March Ends. You've been added to the list Global_Dev. It will make its way to you soon.

Here's the updated list

1. JBradley
2. Daniel Plainview
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev

If anyone else wants to get in on this, just reply to the thread and I'll add you

And here's another surprise. I don't want it back, so after it's gone on it's journey, I'll draw a winner from all the participants and they can keep it.

Top Bottom