What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

Dave, you are a very generous person. I've used her a couple of times, but I had a run in with a New Standard that left me pretty beat up. I'm using a Tech for a few days, probably won't even shave tomorrow. May only make one pass today. Maybe I can try her again next week.

Oh man! Am I to late to the party?? I'd love to give a SE a try mainly a straight user but would LOVE to give this 100 year old razor a try if possible!!

Have used her several times. She is like a jealous woman, loves to get close, but will bite if you ignore her! I plan to clean it up and drop her in the mail next week. Arley, if you'll PM me your address, I'll send her north!

1. JBradley
2. Daniel Plainview
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev
7. Wallstreet 77

Also, I think I've changed my mind. I do want it back at the end of the tour. I've given enough stuff away!!

Last edited:
Reporting in that I received the 1912 today. Any blade recommendations that I can pick up locally from a major chain, such as Sally's, Walgreens, CVS, etc.?

Would love to give her a try tomorrow.

I sent a box of blades didn't I? I either sent them or threw them away, I had to go get more for my SE's. Please tell me I didn't though away a good box of blades.

You guys that have never used an SE before really need to be careful. The unthinkable can happen when using an SE for the first few times. It happened to me and a few fellows I know. What am I talking about? "cuts?" No......
High probability you will enjoy the superior shave a SE can provide, and before you know it your DE collection will go unused.
Enjoy the passaround Gents, I wont be entering of course.

one tidbit of advice..... even with brand new blades, HANDSTROP them before you shave. I can tell a difference when I forget to.

I sent a box of blades didn't I? I either sent them or threw them away, I had to go get more for my SE's. Please tell me I didn't though away a good box of blades.

Found them Johnnie,

The wife had unpacked the box and left the pack of blades in it, because she thought it was JUNK!!!

Top Bottom