What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

Well, I guess I'll be passing along Dave's razor soon. The one I bought off the bay for $14 showed up yesterday, and I used it this morning. I ordered some blades that should be here soon. (The local Wallgreens didn't have any) When they show up, I'll throw a new pack in the box will all the other goodies and ship it off to Global_Dev.

Here is a pic of the razor I bought. It has some plating loss around the grill, but otherwise in really nice shape. The shave this moring was just as nice as my others have been :)

$100_2040.jpg

Not a problem my friend, you'll get it after James and the tour will end with you

1. Rhitee9
2. Global_Dev
3. Wallstreet 77
4. Touchy
5. Mikeschu
6. Syngent
7. Celestino

FYI: I'm out the first two weeks of July. I don't think there should be a scheduling issue, but let me know if that's the case.

OK the new blades I ordered arrived yesterday so I'll be dropping the GEM off at the post office today to send it on it's way to Global_Dev. The local drug stores didn't have anything on the shelves, so I had to order some blades to feed my new found SE addiction. I believe this is what came with the razor when I received it, but here is a picture so that Dave can confirm I got the right ones.

I enjoyed the razor, and now I have my own. I haven't shaved with anything but a 1912 for 12 days now :) Thanks Dave!

$DSCN2355.jpg

Shave with it for 1912 straight days, then I'll be impressed hehe. Kidding of course. Glad you enjoyed it and I'm glad that everyone thus far has enjoyed it.

Guys, got the 1912 recently, I am going to give it a try asap, but going into surgery tomorrow to fix my broken leg and it may take a couple days to recover which probably means I won't be able to post feedback right away. Excited to try it out. Thanks for the opportunity.

Guys, got the 1912 recently, I am going to give it a try asap, but going into surgery tomorrow to fix my broken leg and it may take a couple days to recover which probably means I won't be able to post feedback right away. Excited to try it out. Thanks for the opportunity.

Jon you should shave with the 1912 first then worry about your leg later :001_tt2: Good luck with your surgery and take your time with the 1912.

If they need to shave your leg, get them to use the 1912 and ask how it compares to regular hospital instruments.....

Good luck with the surgery.

Good luck with the surgery!

I shaved this morning with my long favorite long comb new for the first time since I first saw the 1912. This was the first non-1912 shave in 3 weeks, and with a razor that I love. I thought the shave sucked. Part of it was the 3 days growth, but the shave was so much harsher than what I have gotten used to with the 1912 that I am now sad. The end results were great, but the experience wasn't so good. Maybe my from slipped a bit over the last few weeks...

After a month of GEMini, I played safe and went 40s Superspeed. It's confusing when you dont get the same aural feedback. The DE is almost silent compared to a 1912...

Thinking I was gonna shave with the 1912 soon, I took a look at it and I was taken back by the size of the razor. I hope to have at it tonite or very soon. Thanks for the patience. Trying to get my wife to bring around a portable mirror and basin. She isn't being very helpful in that department though.

Top Bottom