What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

YMMV when it comes to the blades. I personally love the CVS carbon blades with the Walgreens Personna GEM blades coming in second.

Well, the second shave was about as good as the first. I didn't get quite as close in spots as yesterday, but I was thinking more about getting to work than shaving.

One thing I didn't mention in the first post was the audible feedback is amazing. You can hear a single whisker getting cut. If this razor isn't making any noise, that part of your face is perfectly hairless.

So out of everyone who's used this razor so far on the tour, has anyone not bought a 1912 afterwards? I think Johnnie, Daniel, and Adam have all bought a 1912. GEM should hire me in their marketing department (if they had one)

I do find it kind of funny that I'm essentially to blame for Arley's new SE addiction. You'd think I'd lose sleep at night, but I rest comfortably hehe.

I do find it kind of funny that I'm essentially to blame for Arley's new SE addiction. You'd think I'd lose sleep at night, but I rest comfortably hehe.
LOL at least as far as i know SEad is much nicer on the bank account then DEad, as there are fewer models out there and still some great deals to be had

So out of everyone who's used this razor so far on the tour, has anyone not bought a 1912 afterwards? I think Johnnie, Daniel, and Adam have all bought a 1912. GEM should hire me in their marketing department (if they had one)

i may have bought more than one...

Nice. I like the 1912 and the OCMM, but my favorite is a G Bar. It's the best shaver as far as SE's go at least to me.

What's the difference between gbar and 1912 is it just blade aggression and design or is it a whole different head and handle weight, maybe I should swing by the loser thread see some pics

The shave is pretty close at least to me. I just like the handle on the G-Bar. It's much nice than the 1912

Ah, the old aesthetics/utility dilemma, my FWMM is a beauty to my eye, but my Gem Junior Baton with its dorky bakelite bicycle handlebar grip shaves much better. What to do?

Gaze lovingly at the FWMM while you shave with the Gem Jr.

(I'm sure this has no real life analogues for anybody here :innocent:)

OK, the 3rd shave was still good. I had a couple of weepers this morning, and I suspect that I may have reached the limit of the blade. It makes sense, I get about 5 shaves out of an Astra SP or a Wilkie DE blade, and well, they have twice as many edges :)

Blade buffing with this things is a treat!

YES you are, and you should be losing sleep :001_tongu

LOL at least as far as i know SEad is much nicer on the bank account then DEad, as there are fewer models out there and still some great deals to be had

Well, SERAD is usually less costly than DERAD, but I had sold some of my higher end DE's to get a few a high end SE's. Now I am kicking myself in the arse for selling those. I now spending more money to purchase the razors that I already had :bored:

My new rule is any razor that cost more more than $60 I will not sell unless I absolutely hate it, and even then, I will really have to think about it.

What's the difference between gbar and 1912 is it just blade aggression and design or is it a whole different head and handle weight, maybe I should swing by the loser thread see some pics

There are many differences. The one on the left is a 1912 Damaskeene, the one in the middle is a "regular" 1912, and the one on the right is a G-Bar. The 1912 variants have small "lather catchers", the handle is mounted different, the head angle is much different, and blade exposure is different, and that is just to name a few :wink2:
proxy.php

Attachments

• $three-favorites.jpg
    $three-favorites.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom