What's new

Anyone up for a 1912 Pass Around?

Good to hear Arley. How is the Open Comb MM working out for you?

Good, although like with any razor, I need to spend more time with it. I like to spend a good two weeks in each razor to give it a proper getting used too, and in all fairness, I think I have only used the OCMM twice...too many razors, not enough time. Ken suggested that I start rubbing Rogaine and Testosterone Gel on my face to make my whiskers grow faster :|

Dave, can you add me to the list? I have an OCMM on the way but would love to try the 1912 before I go hunting for one.

1. JBradley ¥¥¥¥done¥¥¥¥¥
2. Daniel Plainview
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev
7. Wallstreet 77
8. Turtle
9. Touchy

Dave, can you add me to the list? I have an OCMM on the way but would love to try the 1912 before I go hunting for one.

You can pull me off of the list Dave. I ended up getting a 1912 along with a few GEM SE razors so I am all set EXCEPT for the one in my sig.... You got a streamline you want to sell?

Absolutely man, as soon as I figure out where it is. Turtle, I'll pull you off. I have one SE right now. The OCMM I gave to Johnny and this one is out on tour. I need a user grade 1912 myself.

1. JBradley DONE
2. Daniel Plainview DONE
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev
7. Wallstreet 77
8. Touchy
9. Mikeschu

(Don't add me).

Great idea! I shaved with my latest acquisition, a ER 1912, this morning and it was very, very nice. I think I like it even more than my ER 1924.

well if its not to late, and it coming to canada is okay i would love to try this one out, but only if everyone is comfortable with it being here,...
plus as i would imagine the blades it went out with are gone, if it can come up where would someone get a pack of blades or a blade to have here ahead of time ? the only SE i have tried out are injectors

well if its not to late, and it coming to canada is okay i would love to try this one out, but only if everyone is comfortable with it being here,...
plus as i would imagine the blades it went out with are gone, if it can come up where would someone get a pack of blades or a blade to have here ahead of time ? the only SE i have tried out are injectors

That is fine man

1. JBradley DONE
2. Daniel Plainview DONE
3. TOBS 9595
4. Duokun
5. Rhitee9
6. Global_Dev
7. Wallstreet 77
8. Touchy
9. Mikeschu
10. Syngent

No problem. My goal (and this is just a goal, please don't quote me on this and please don't be upset if I can't score enough) is to get enough 1912 razors from eBay and other sources to give every single one of you one to keep in commemoration of this pass around. I have 2 right now (the one that's going around and one from eBay). I have to get em cheap though.

No problem. My goal (and this is just a goal, please don't quote me on this and please don't be upset if I can't score enough) is to get enough 1912 razors from eBay and other sources to give every single one of you one to keep in commemoration of this pass around. I have 2 right now (the one that's going around and one from eBay). I have to get em cheap though.
This is me not quoting you on it BTW, lol thats a pretty generous goal specially considering how hard these things must be to find,... Im just super excited to try one out, the whole hundred year thing just adds to its cool factor, adds a bit of colour to the whole experience
and for me thats an awesome gift all by itself

I received the 1912 the other day, unfortunately i didn't have a chance to shave until today. Arley packaged it up quite nice, and it got here safe and sound.

regarding the shave... wow. that's it, just wow. I think i like DE razors aesthetically for their symmetry, but i must say i like the looks of this razor more and more each time i look at it. The shave however was fantastic. I have been growing out a bit of a beard, and my girlfriend is actually liking it, so i decided just to shave the neck and touch up the cheeks a bit, and was a little worried, because the neck is my hardest area to shave. IT WAS STINKING EFFORTLESS! and i got what i think is my first true BBS shave. one WTG and two ATG, the second being mostly touch up. fantastic razor. I have a OCMM sitting here that i got a little while ago from eBay, but i was waiting on this to get here because i wanted the 1912 to be my first SE razor shave. now i gotta try the OCMM.

i cant get over how nice of a shave it was. i was able to truly use no pressure and although i still got a bit of feedback from the alum afterwards, it was as close to perfect as i have had. this is nuts.

Dave, thanks again for including me in the pass around. Thanks to you i tried out the NEW for the first time, which is now my go to razor, and now this. you are a fantastic guy Dave.

ok, ok, i am going to stop gushing about this razor now. heh heh.

I'm rather proud that two folks in this thread have been impressed enough with a SE that they're considering buying one (or in Arley's case, buying a crapton). Just be careful using the OCMM. She can be a vicious old lady hehe

I'm glad to see the 1912 getting some love. I liked it, it was a decent shaver for me. I do love my OCMM. I will never give up my DE's, but the OCMM and maybe the G-Bar have a place in my den.

im really excited myself, btw what is the ocmm, seen mention of it many times, but never looked into it, i get oc-open comb, the mm wont come to me though

ive got to stop looking at SE razors on ebay and get some sleep. ::sigh:: what have you guys done to me? (who am i kidding, i do this to myself all the time)

Top Bottom