What's new

Funny incident that happened just now...

Funny but also somewhat uneasy... What happened is that I was shaving, and noticed that there is a place in my beard I wanted to trim with scissors. Okay, so I'm holding the razor in one hand, and with the other (wet) hand I reach for the scissors. They slip from my hand, and are falling down. I am instinctively trying to catch them, but only succeeding in bouncing them up, then again, and again, like in Charley Chaplin movies. And the floor was wet too, and I knew that. So, after a few bounces, the scissors land right in the toilet, and I begin swearing. Then I reach with my hand into the toilet and get them out. Those are really good scissors. What to do? I decided to wash them with soap, then with alcohol, and then to pour some boiling water on them. Okay, I did that, and also washed my hands and rubbed them with alcohol. The kettle is ready with the boiling water, and I'm pouring them on the scissors. Then, completely automatically, without thinking, I stick out my left hand, and with my right hand holding the kettle already starting the sharp movement of turning the kettle completely down, to pour the water in a really fast pace. I caught myself in the last millisecond. Phew. :sad:

If the water in the toilet bowl was clean a disinfectant wipe or scrubbing bubbles should be enough. I always have a bottle of barbecide at home to disinfect razors, etc.

Lesson learned, always put the toilet seat down!

Exactly. I have cats, so to keep them from drinking the water / falling in, the seat is down unless I am using it. Also, I am somewhat clumsy, so having the seat down has saved a few bathroom / shaving items from taking the plunge!

That's nothing. I've lost count of the number of cell phones that have landed in the toilet.

Thanks for keeping my E-bay store stocked!
$mrhankey.jpg

Try having a cup of coffee before your shave. Thanks for posting it was a good laugh, and I am glad you were unharmed.

My lady just dropped her phone in the toilet the other day... again

The guy in the cubicle next to me handles all of the cell phones for a 9,000 person company. A day doesn't go by that he isn't replacing a cell phone for "unspecified water damage."

Top Bottom