What's new

Polsilver Super Iridium : I and I blade pif results and discussion thread.

Polisilver Day 1:

Smoothness:
8.5 out of 10
Sharpness: 9.5 out of 10
Comments: After a week of Super Iridium, I was interested to test the Polisilver. I really felt that it was as sharp as the SI just a little less smooth. All things being equal I would buy the SI over the Polisilver, but since only Polisilver is readily available I would still purchase them. That being said with them still being more expensive then Gillette Blacks I would buy the Gillettes over either.

Last edited:
Polisilver Day 1:

Smoothness:
8.5 out of 10
Sharpness: 9.5 out of 10
Comments: After a week of Super Iridium, I was interested to test the Polisilver. I really felt that it was as sharp as the SI just not a little less smooth. All things being equal I would buy the SI over the Polisilver, but since only Polisilver is readily available I would still purchase them. That being said with them still being more expensive then Gillette Blacks I would buy the Gillettes over either.
Your experience seems to mirror mine.

I've a question. If the Iridium Super are no longer in production for 2 years, where do seller find their stock ? I mean, around here SI are as easy to find as anything else. Are we absolutely sure they are no longer produced ? I mean, It's Russia (That speak for itself ^^) how to be 100% percent sure.

I've a question. If the Iridium Super are no longer in production for 2 years, where do seller find their stock ? I mean, around here SI are as easy to find as anything else. Are we absolutely sure they are no longer produced ? I mean, It's Russia (That speak for itself ^^) how to be 100% percent sure.

That's the thing with DE blades and many soaps and creams. It seems to be very ambiguous about where they come from. Most manufacturers don't list these items on their web sites or sometimes don't even acknowledge their existence.

I know that the Perma-Sharp super are from the same factory as the Iridium Super, and they are still in production. I seems strange to stop the production of their most appreciate product(Not the only one), if P&G/Gillette/PPI want to eradicate DE blades, why don't they shutdown the whole plant ? Being cautious, I'll start to stacking Perma-Sharps, while they are still unexpensive AND in production ^^

Last edited:
Hello,
I just sampled my first SI and smooth is what i got. I normally use feather blades in my futur at a 3.5 setting. Droped my SI in this morning and plan to use this all week.
Great shave so far. Why do these feel so different.
I will report more at the end of the week but in my opinion so far these are really different than any blade i have tried.

I tried two of these blades one in my r41 and it was rough very tuggy and just felt dull. Maybe it was a dud because the second blade was oh so smooth in my tradere. Wish I could get more of these at a reasonable price.

Got a pack from bestshave.com, the pack says made in Russia, the first try was very different for me than what many reported. A lot of irritation, sharp yes, but not smooth. Used it on a fatboy at 5.

Top Bottom