What's new

Red Faced Turkey Neck

I need help please. Today, while at work, I noticed that I had some pronounced red bumps on my neck and my face was red. Is this a reaction to the AOS products?

I prep with a citrus glycerin bar in the shower. I am using AOS Sandalwood cream and AOS Sandalwood aftershave. My razor is a Gillette SS adjusted to 3 with a Merkur blade. I am making three passes, two WTG and one ATG.

I need some help getting rid of my gobbler neck.

Would Mitchells or Occitane be a better choice for shave soap? Any suggestions for alternative aftershave.

I don't know about anyone else but shortly after getting to this forum I realized that since I am shaving every day anyway why on earth would I need 2,3,4 or 5 blades in a razor?
Likewise with the multi WTG, XTG & ATG. Since I have to shave every day anyway I figure once WTG is fine.
I am still very new at this but am realising that it is very easy to get caught up in spending money and overthinking this. Maybe on the weekend I can take the time to go for a multi pass BBS shave but for the average daily going to work in the morning shave, once WTG is fine for me.
I am REALLY enjoying my 24yr old Gillette Adjustable with VDH Boar brush and VDH Deluxe soap and some Nivea balm.

Best of Luck to you,
Einar

thnk,

What were you using before AOS products? This could be an allergic reaction, or it could be irritation. Or it could be lack of technique and blade angle. A few things to sort out, but we can get you there.

Randy

Randy,
I have only used Mitchell's Woolfat and the AOS.

I am beginning to think that my blade angle is off.

Thanks

Top Bottom