What's new

Skinfood is expensive!!

Trumpers skinfood is expensive.

I don't like using alcohol aftershave. It dries out my face.

What do you guys use who can't afford trumpers skinfood lotion?

Try Rosewater Glycerin.

Some guys like Cornhuskers Lotion but the scent isn't the best.

Other guys make a homebrew AS gel/balm. Do a search, there are lots of threads here and stuff online about making your own aftershave concoction.

I have been using Nivea products for years. Mostly "Sensitive Skin AS Balm," but I also recently got some of the "Arctic Freeze," which I also like.

Per use, it's dirt cheap, 200 ml will last me well over a year of daily use at this rate.

If still too pricey, corn huskers or pure glycerin + scent of choice + water.

Trumpers skinfood is expensive.

I don't like using alcohol aftershave. It dries out my face.

What do you guys use who can't afford trumpers skinfood lotion?

TESC (the english shave company) has the best prices i've seen.

when they have FREE SHIPPING, you can get a 200ml bottle, shipped for $25 (after conversion). that's where and how i got my LIME bottle.

A little goes a looonnng way. Only a few drops are needed. A 100-mL bottle lasts me about a year.

Thanks,
Mike

+1 on getting it from TESC when they have their free shipping. I bought the 200 ML Sandalwood, I've had it for a year and use it 1-2 times per week and I have barely made a dent in it.

Last edited:
Razorock aftershave wax is cheap and the smallest bit is enough per use. I used enough to cover the tip of my index finger the first day and it was way too much. I get barely any on my fingertip and rub it onto my wet hands, then my face. It's great stuff and the small tin should last a very long time.

A couple of drops of straight jojoba oil works quite well. A bit of olive oil would be fine as well. The goal is simply to counteract the dry and irritated feeling, so the intervention needs only to be very simple. Any moisturizer would do - unscented Eucerin lotion would be a good choice. "Skin food" has no nutrients in it, so the name is inappropriate and misleading. An easy but very effective aftershave can be made by mixing the following (approximate proportions): 1 oz vodka, 1/2 ml jojoba oil, 1/4 ml vitamin E. A few drops of lavender essential oil will add a nice aroma, and a 2-3 drops of peppermint oil will impart an pleasant cooling effect. This is easy, and costs very little.

It's expensive but a little goes a long way.

+1. QEDUSA has the cheapest I've found at $22. It seems to last forever. One of my favorite ASBs (and it's good for summer as it has a light scent and is a bit more thin as a balm) is Proraso ASB. It's at $16 so still, not really that much cheaper than Skin Food. For inexpensive grocery store stuff I agree with the posters above on Nivea.

+1 on getting it from TESC when they have their free shipping. I bought the 200 ML Sandalwood, I've had it for a year and use it 1-2 times per week and I have barely made a dent in it.

What time of year does TESC offer free shipping?

Trust me, I know. But I make my own using corn huskers lotion, thayer's witch hazel, rose water and $5 worth of lime essential oil, since sandalwood is really expensive. It doesn't smell as good as Trumper's skin food does, but it still smells okay and does the same job as the skin food. My face doesn't dry out as much as it used to since using this.

Nivea products are very affordable

I have been using Nivea products for years. Mostly "Sensitive Skin AS Balm," but I also recently got some of the "Arctic Freeze," which I also like.

+1
Nivea Sensitive AS balm is my go to almost every time. It's very lightly scented, has a faint smell of chamomile which is awesome. It's so faint that it doesn't interfere with my cologne I choose to wear that day, also it's just so dang soothing.

Top Bottom