What's new

How would you describe the smell of Clubman?

It smells clean and fresh.A little goes along way.Ive used this stuff even before I started shaving since it was all my dad used (and Old Spice and AV)I learned along time ago too much of it lingers ,but in moderation ,its a scent that is not over powering that they will smell you 1 hour after you leave the roomIf you cut it with water,it tones the scent down:sleep:To me,its almost a "theraputic" calming scent.

Last edited:
no one has mentioned this yet,but although i love Clubman...........it smells of better times...... it tends to "off" as the day wears on...maybe it's just my experience;

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Post-retirement-age Roman Catholic priest/hospital chaplain.

Thanks,
Mike
Screenshot_20221017-194736_Chrome.jpg

I think it is the lavender in it that makes it so similar to Canoe and Brut. Canoe is more powdery but really similar to me. I find them redundant and like clubman more. Brut is a lavender as well but has anise and a few other scents in it that keeps it from being too close to Clubman. Same family. I think they are called fougeres. Lavender and oakmoss with a sweet or powdery base are what I get.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
All the comments about Clubman smelling like "an old man" reminds me of a quote here from 2008:

I've introduced AV & Clubman into my rotation, enjoy both of them. My wife, on the other hand, despises both products. She said the Clubman smells like an old man at church with hair growing out of his ears. I told her that's the look I'm going for.

Top Bottom