What's new

First sample order from Luck Scent

Payday came and went this last week and oddly enough I had a some extra just for me. :001_smile
I've never ordered samples from LS before so I thought I'd give them a shot.

I picked these ones and I'm hoping for the best.
Mona di Orio - Sample:Oud
Nasomatto - Sample:Absinth
Mona di Orio - Sample:Cuir - Les Nombres d'Or
Montale - Sample:Aoud Lime
Parfumerie Generale - Sample:private Collection: Cuir d'Iris
Parfumerie Generale - Sample:Indochine

It always worries me when I see someone's sample list and I haven't tried any of them (in this case Montale is the only one where I've tried anything from the house.) Now you and others are going to talk about how great one or more of these scents/houses are and I'll have to sample them myself and then I'll find something else I love and then I'll spend too much money and then...

I feel like a character in one of those "If you give a _______ a Cookie" children's books.

Lucky scent is my go to for bottle purchases niche. They are also generous with free samples and take requests when buying bottle. I don't buy samples from them only tho because I like spray samples! Prefer individual decant vendors or TPC for that reason.

Lucky scent is my go to for bottle purchases niche. They are also generous with free samples and take requests when buying bottle. I don't buy samples from them only tho because I like spray samples! Prefer individual decant vendors or TPC for that reason.
go to sephora, get a bunch of samples, dump them out and rinse them with witch hazel, BAM you've got sprayers out the wazoo

I bought a bunch of atomizers from accessoriesforfragrances.com. In fact I'm going to order more to have them just in case.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of these, Marc. I don't think I've tried any of these specific scents, although I've tried others from all of these houses.

I got my samples today!
Right off the bat I took a sniff of the Nasomatto Absinth. I like it, but the real test is wearing it tomorrow.
The Monatle Lime Aoud is just as others have reviewed it. It has a bright citrus note off the top and that familiar rose scent.
Unlike Black Aoud it doesn't have that boozy, old smell.
The PG scents are just as I expected....Fantastic!!
The Mona di Orio scents seem nice and rich.

Watch this space over the next few days for updates.

Today is the Nasomatto Absinth.
It seems to open green and sweet.
As I mentioned in another thread, the green is a more earthy green and not a bright green scent.
Thus far I really like it. I'll see where it goes.
Sillage isn't bad. Too early to comment on longevity.

Mona di Orio Les Nombres D'Or Cuir.
This one has a strong old smokey leather scent that doesn't go away.
Kind of like someone left an old leather shoe on a BBQ all day.
It never really did change or evolve.
I'm not a fan of this one at all :sad:
Longevity 3 -4 hours.

PG Cuir D'Iris today.
Opens with a rather sharp Leather note that hangs around. At the same time there is a light floral note showing.
There's a little sweetness in it too.
It all seems to work together, but should it?

I'm not sure this one is for me.

PG Cuir D'Iris today.
Opens with a rather sharp Leather note that hangs around. At the same time there is a light floral note showing.
There's a little sweetness in it too.
It all seems to work together, but should it?

I'm not sure this one is for me.

What don't you like about this one, Marc? Does the blend just not feel right for you? I haven't tried it, and am not generally a leather scent fan, but I like to know what people like or don't like about a scent.

Ya know Randy, I think I might be judging Leather scents kind of hard these days.
I have come to love Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and I think I'm judging all leather scents by it.

TF just has that smooth factory new leather scent that appeals to me.
It didn't at first and I still think that you get hit upside the head with it, but I do like it very much.

The PG just seemed like a cheap leather that was tacked on to the end of an otherwise nice scent.
It didn't seem to mesh together well.

The longevity is an issue too. I got maybe 4 good hours out of it.
I'll give it another chance later on.
Tomorrow I'm going for the big one and trying out the Montale Aoud Lime. I have high hopes for that one.
Montale is becoming one of my favourite perfume houses.

Yes, I've found some times when I really like one frag, I measure others against it. Sometimes that opinion holds, and sometimes I return to the second frag and try it again and find I like it when I'm not comparing it to another. That doesn't always happen, but it does sometimes. And longevity doesn't usually change.

I'm really anxious to hear your thoughts on the 'Aoud Lime, Marc. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom