What's new

Shaving Mirror On The Wall Which Container Is The Fairest Of Them All

Which Container Is The Fairest Of Them All?

• Mitchell's Wool Fat

• I Coloniali

• Acqua Di Parma

Results are only viewable after voting.
Arko does not count, it has to be a container.
Wrappings are not in the competition.
So just to be clear, this is not about the nicest packaging, there are a lot of threads about them already
(though I like those threads too), there are a few about containers as well, but not (recent) enough.
And the emphasis is not just containers that look good, but can complement a shave den
(whether modern or classic) in your opinion.

Cella has it's charm.

$cella-crema-150gr.jpg

Last edited:
Of the mentioned soaps I only own the Mitchell's and the Tabac. I think the Mitchell's looks right at home on any counter top, regardless of the decor. The Tabac tub is well made, and the soap is good, but it looks more like a cold cream jar.

I like the cool looking MWF the best.. BUT I also like the other containers..porcelain, wood, metal...very cool and stylish.
BUT
I can't stack them.
WHY STACK THEM????
You say.....
C'mon we all/most/alot of us have more soap than we'll use in a lifetime I get em to try out and those I like I get a tub or two in case they change the formula or go out of business.
I have to move all my stuff from a linen closet in the bathroom to a hall closet next to the bathroom. I'll be doing this to reduce the heat and humidity the products are exposed to.
HERE IS MY IDEAL CANISTER: drat! i CAN'T LOAD A PICTURE JUST NOW...
wHITE PLASTIC TUB...lIKE mama bear'S AND MANY OTHER ARTISANS USE FOR THEIR SOAPS.
sCREW ON LID
stackable
fAIRLY STURDY..i'VE DROPPED A PLASTIC CONTAINER WITHOUT DAMAGE...THO ymmv
eASILY LABELED HOWEVER YOU LIKE
LOOK NEAT AND TIDY...nEAT & TIDY IS USUALLY FOREIGN TO ME...

tOM
*$^%*#$(caplocKS

OH! It attached....

Attachments

• $SOAP CONTAINER.jpg
    $SOAP CONTAINER.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Looks like it would work. I don't have that many soaps yet and fear that day, should it ever come.
I have the same thing, I upload a pic, then it only shows as attached.
I don't press the picture icon at the top, but press "Go Advanced", "Manage Attachments", "Add Files", "Basic Uploader". After that you try to insert it.
Often it should have inserted it, but if you post your comment only displays as attached.
You can insert it by pressing "Manage Attachments" again and mark the box of the picture.

Awesome photos!

I did not vote since the only container I know from the real world is the I Coloniali which came in the mail yesterday.
Without the glue spots on it, which seem quite persistent, it might serve as an ashtray.
But what to do with its smelly content? Given its bad lather performance, it does not seem to be fit to serve as soap to wash hands. Plus I would not want that smell on my hands, it might stick for long minutes.

Just in case it did not come out: I do not care too much for this overpriced soap. :eek:)

On a (slightly) more serious note:

Since just about everything else has been mentioned, I submit Proraso (complete with its new stripes).

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• $Proraso_Shave_Soap.jpg
    $Proraso_Shave_Soap.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 97
Do you know the Grundtal containers sold by Ikea? They are originally meant for spices.
You can stack them, and the bottom is magnetic. Mine stick to the water heater; but if you would want to be more classy, you could also mount a stylish chrome style board to your bathroom wall.

$20110612 Taylor and clean Fat Boy outside DSC05601.jpg

I'm asucker for vintage soap mugs
$123 002.jpg
But my favorite soap dish is this little pottery pinch pot my 12 yo daughter made for me a couple of years ago. I keep my puck of MWF in it.
$123 001.jpg

This one is made by Conk but it is NOT sold WITH their soaps so I don't know if it fits into this thread or not...

Col. Conk Onyx bowl

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I still like wooden bowls the best, personally, and plastic. I do not like ceramic or glass, just one soapy slip......I dropped my share of wooden and plastic bowls, and I am always very careful when using my MdC glass jar. I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome and often, especially in the early morning, no feeling in my hands. I see what I hold, but I do not have any feel of it, and my coffee mug slipped a few times as I do no know how good I have a hold of it.

Top Bottom