What's new

Cjb kamisori pass around....

Well, I don't want a JNAT. As a woodworker, I'm devoted to the western tools and techniques, and for whatever reason, I am completely put off by Japanese chisels, saws, planes.... I can't stand them actually. Kamisori is the only thing so far that has piqued my interest. I'll get one of these CJB because they're relatively cheap. Unless I find a too good to be true deal on a feather or Kai, I'll pass.

I'm too attracted to the romanticism of traditional straights to abandon them. I'll just be happy chasing that killer keen edge. I think I'll start by looking for an exceptional finisher - a thuri or a La verte coti maybe... I'll also be investing in CBN. And I have you to thank for getting me hooked on that crack!

Jeff

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
LOL I am the opposite of you. I cringe at the thought of carrying around an American push saw.

LOL I am the opposite of you. I cringe at the thought of carrying around an American push saw.

Ugh. Pull saws frustrate the tar out of me. They do have their purpose though. There are times when my shark pull saws are the only thing that will do the job. Meh... Ta-may-to Ta-mah-to...

Alright dammit. Now I'm really irked...

I shaved at 8:00 EST last night. It's now 10 a.m., so 14 hours later. I'm still BBS for the most part... I mean, seriously... My face now feels like it does after I finish a 3 pass shave with a standard straight.

I knew this passaround was going to be a bad idea. They say ignorance is bliss... I certainly was blissfully ignorant before I used this abomination. Now I'm ALLLLLL messed up.

I ordered one from Brian, and it arrived today. Tomorrow will be its inaugural shave. Initial impressions are favourable, and it will be interesting to see how it performs. I already have SS japanese and folding,a Kai Captain Excelia japanese, and an RG folding.

All I can say is....WOW.This morning I have had one of my best ever shaves. I loaded with a Super Pro blade, and It was DFS in one pass, and perfect with 2 and a touchup. Compared to the others I have. .....as good as or better than the SS, easier to use than the Captain Excelia, and the RG may be on the way out. You are all in for a treat!

Got it today, seems pretty well made. Although I had a good shave this morning (didn't go to work and forgot to check USPS tracking), still couldn't resist a test run. Single pass with min prep, wet beard and face lathered with frankensoap Vander-williams for a minute. Wow, pretty darn close two nicks that were my fault, seems to work better flat or almost flat against the face. Tomorrow morning I put it into play before work and will update again, bummer is the only nonworking day I have for a slow shave will be Sunday.

Whoever is next pm me your address, will be shipping next Tuesday.

Great shave this morning a two pass in the normal time that it takes for three, very smooth and close. Went ATG and XTG and was very smooth all day. I was wrong about the angle being flat on my face it seems to work better slightly raised off my face. It really is a good razor.

I got my CJB in the mail today. Naturally the mail arrived about two minutes after I shaved, so I've not had a chance to use it yet. Balances well in the hand though. This is my first disposable blade straight, looking forward to trying it out.

Top Bottom