Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife says I dress too fancy

Default My wife says I dress too fancy

My wife says I dress too fancy for everyday things like going to her parent's house, out for dinner, etc.. I don't think so. I usually wear beige khaki style pants, a button down long sleeve shirt (non dress style, more casual), and if it's chilly I will throw on a v-neck sweater vest or a long sleeve sweater. Rarely, I will wear a tie and sports jacket, if it's a nicer type restaurant. I only wear a suit for weddings or job interviews.
    My wife wears sports themed sweatshirts (Penguins, Buckeyes) and jeans most of the time, so I guess to her I am a fancy lad. The irony is that she spends way more on clothes than I do. I only spend a couple of hundred a year on clothing. I buy name brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Izod, Lacoste, Calvin Klein from estate sales, online, etc.. I have a cashmere v-neck sweater vest that I only paid like $3 for at a local estate sale 10 years ago that still looks brand new, because it's high quality and lasts a long time. So I don't need to spend a lot annually on clothing, because my wardrobe lasts for decades. My wife's clothes are the cheap type that unravel and wear out.

Images

from one of my favorite movies

My wife and I (and 2 young daughters!) would probably be considered too uppity for your wife based on our appearance... my wife tells me i dress down too often for just around the house... apparently my brand of boxers isn't fancy enough for my wife...
    --Jon. "Love me some 14s"

tell her that you dont dress fancy, but she doenst dress fancy enough :p

Images

Next time you go visit her parents go white tie and tails.

Mick - "getting through life one shave at a time"

Images

sports themed sweatshirts.....no.....sports themed cheerleader uniform....uh...ok....lol.....After several years of improving my daily wear, my wife has picked up some things and even on casual days when we go out, she looks sharper, and she doesn't spend alot to get there....just some sale items i told her to watch for that she would look good in... she will come in and say, I got that white ruffled shirt that you told me about....and when we go out to eat with friends, she will recieve compliments about her looks....and then she tells em that i help pick out clothes....then the fun begins, when the other ladies wants my adice,,,,,oh well....
    "BE SURE TO WATCH FOR ME ON THE GRAND OL' OPRY...I AIN'T THERE YET, BUT YOU CAN WATCH FOR ME...

BE SURE TO VISIT THE BARBERSHOP FOR THE LATEST INFO ABOUT NOTHING... ...IT'S HABIT FORMING

FACEBOOK: be a friend

Meet her in the middle with this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black-tuxedo-shirt-lg.jpg 
Views:	615 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	227553
    "Be careful where you fish, who you fish with, and what you catch."

I get the same thing all the time from friends and family. I can't help it if I want to look good, it makes me feel good...
    The Name's Rob & "I'm Shaving Through History, One Razor At A Time"

God loves you so much, that he made you read this, just to let you know.

Images

modern day car salesman outfit....i need that one !!!
    "BE SURE TO WATCH FOR ME ON THE GRAND OL' OPRY...I AIN'T THERE YET, BUT YOU CAN WATCH FOR ME...

BE SURE TO VISIT THE BARBERSHOP FOR THE LATEST INFO ABOUT NOTHING... ...IT'S HABIT FORMING

FACEBOOK: be a friend

Images

What would she prefer you wear?
    -josh

Images

Hell, my normal casual wear is a decent pair of jeans, a button-down or polo and a nice pair of boots and people my age tell me that I dress up too much. It's not that I dress up too much, it's just that I don't prefer the "3am beer run" look.
    "Life's too short for good handwriting." -Dad.

Images

My whole family overdresses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emperor7.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	227933

But, always better over-dressed than under-.
    -- Richard, Czar of Cheddar

Images

You dress too fancy, or maybe you spend too much time and energy on your clothes?
    Just call me Chris.

Images

Nah,
    This is what I wear to work.

I get this all the time. She doesn't say that I dress too fancy, but when we're getting ready to go to dinner or a party, even the movies. I'll toss on a pair of slacks, dress shirt (no tie) and loafers...which always get's the "why are you dressing up?" comment. I just feel that if I'm going out, I should represent the family in the best way. I get so tired of seeing people with tattered jeans and beer t-shirts, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love to wear jeans and a t-shirt too, but everything has a place. If anything, it causes my wife to dress up to what I'm wearing ;-)
    "Swedish Snus....it does a body good!"--me

Images

Quote Originally Posted by rickcharles606 View Post
    I get this all the time. She doesn't say that I dress too fancy, but when we're getting ready to go to dinner or a party, even the movies. I'll toss on a pair of slacks, dress shirt (no tie) and loafers...which always get's the "why are you dressing up?" comment. I just feel that if I'm going out, I should represent the family in the best way. I get so tired of seeing people with tattered jeans and beer t-shirts, lol. Don't get me wrong, I love to wear jeans and a t-shirt too, but everything has a place. If anything, it causes my wife to dress up to what I'm wearing ;-)
    This is my everyday attire. People often ask me why I am so dressed up. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong era.
    Jesse 2 Corinthians 5:21

paco664 is offline I shave my underarms: no BO but now my pits smell like Tabac ... um ... call it a draw?
    Images

Most of the time they are lucky i have pants on....
    a nice walk in the woods helps me relax and relieves tension.... the fact i'm dragging a shovel and a body should be irrelevant...

She'd prefer me to wear jeans and sweatshirts and t-shirts. She can't understand why someone doesn't like jeans.
    Last edited by jd_1138; 03-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go West Young Man View Post
    You dress too fancy, or maybe you spend too much time and energy on your clothes?
    I don't spend too much time and energy on clothes at all. I only buy maybe 5 new pieces a year, because the stuff lasts so long. I only have like 7 or 8 changes of clothes.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by jd_1138 View Post
    v-neck sweater vest
    This, right here, is indefensible. The rest of it, I agree with you. If that is what you are comfortable in then so be it. I am more of a t-shirt and jeans guy, but if we are going out with friends to any place remotely upscale then I will dress it up some. No-one is getting me out of my jeans if there isn't a paycheck in it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotreds View Post
    Mr. Hotreds, I have never seen this suit before, but now I am dedicating the rest of my life to pursuing and obtaining it.
    ~Matt "Every pizza is a personal pizza if you try hard and believe in yourself."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast