What's new

Removing creasing from leather shoes

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds McClains in black that I wore & abused for quite some time when I bought them in 08. The creasing on top of the shoes is fairly bad. Does anyone know of a way to remove it, short of haveing them recrafted?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

I think you're on a hiding to nothing there. If you have trees, I'd make sure they have a good tight fit (bulk up with socks), so the leather is taut, but put a sturdy palstic bag over the trees with the opening of the bag waaay out and away from the shoes so you can dunk the whole shebang into lukewarm watter for 5-10 mins without the trees getting wet. Allow to dry naturally over a few days. Then, still with the trees in, give a good clean, liberally coat with beeswax and come back to them when the wax has been absorbed. Buff gently without polish.
This will not get rid of your creases, but should soften them slightly, and make them more a feature of well cared-for shoes, rather than a sign of neglect.

I was stupid enough to buy a pair of Loake Braemars without trees. Even the plastic ones are far better than nothing. Now they look like really good shoes some moron didn't buy trees for!

Top Bottom