What's new

Buying an Orange Monster

I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy an Orange Monster. Has anyone done any research recently as to the best places to buy? I also want to get a NATo strap for it. Any recommendations? And, do I need any special tools to be able to change the strap myself?

proxy.php

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SKX781-Orange-Monster-Automatic/dp/B000EPLR2G

Last edited by a moderator:
For a watch that size and that unique, I would suggest looking to see if there is a Seiko Outlet store in your area. I purchased my Black Monster at a Seiko shop outside of Dallas. For things like these, I like to lay my hands and eyes on the product.

Cheers!

I actually just called my local Seiko outlet store at the outlets in Wrentham village, Massachusetts. They don't have any of the orange monsters in stock and he said that they hardly ever get them anymore and it's been several months since they've had any. He suggested I buy it online and just make sure that Saco certified so I get the proper warranty with it. I asked him the price and he said they are about 475 with a 40 or 50% discount on top of that. Which makes it about 230 or $240. And that's about the price that they're going for on the Internet. I just want to make sure that I get the watch I expect to get. Because I've heard horror stories about people buying Seiko watches and finding out that they have cheap Chinese movement inside. I don't know how that would've a concern that is.

I got mine from princetonwatches.com. http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/SKX781.asp That is who Seiko USA pointed me too. It was around 239.00, and came with all documentation and manuals, as well as the warranty card. Watch was well packaged, and I was very happy with the purchase. For the NATO band, check out the Maratec straps here: http://www.broadarrow.net/maratac.htm. The band that comes with the orange monster is near perfection. You may be really happy with it. I switched the clasp to one without a divers extension for daily wear switch to the extension band if needed.

Last edited:
AAAAAAHHHH MY monsters.
20 MM AND THEY LOOK GREAT IN MOST EVERYTHING. eASY TO CHANGE OUT STRAPS.
435678 caplocks...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Best watches to you
Tom

AAAAAAHHHH MY monsters.
20 MM AND THEY LOOK GREAT IN MOST EVERYTHING. eASY TO CHANGE OUT STRAPS.
435678 caplocks...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Best watches to you
Tom

Where did you get these three straps? They look great, I especially like the woven metal strap.

Check Sam's found mine there on sale for 100.

Sam's carries Seiko Orange Monsters? Did you buy it online or in the store?

In store. Was xmas 2 yrs ago haven't looked at jewelry counter in awhile will have to look next time I go.

Last edited:
I got mine from Ebay seller watchub a couple years ago and has been fine. If it has a Chinese movement it's a good one because it keeps time within two minutes a month on an autowinder.

Only model numbers with a J at the end are JDM, or Japan Domestic Models in the Seiko Family. As for the orange monster, none of them are made with Japanese made movements. They are all Made in Malaysia. Still a Seiko Movement, made in a Seiko Factory, just not on Japan Mainland.

It arrived today. I put it on a NATO band (black with a single thin orange line down the middle) and it looks awesome! I can't wait to wear it again tomorrow.

Legion

Staff member
proxy.php

Option B.

I have one of these. SKX011j. Same features as the monster (and movement, although Japanese made) but I prefer the look.

Here is my Orange monster on my NATO strap:

Attachments

• $OM1.JPG
    $OM1.JPG
    210.4 KB · Views: 107
  • $OM2.JPG
    $OM2.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom