What's new

Near hair maintenance product for medium length, dry hair...

My hair gets dried out pretty easily now that it's no longer hot out. I have hair that I would say is medium length. It's kind of like the Beatles or Harry Potter, but slightly different.

I need something to keep it in line while not drying it out.

Would Brylcreem work? Any other suggestions?

I tried the Brylcreem today and it did make my hair look too greasy. I looked like a grunge rocker.

Can you recommend a specific American Crew product? I know they make a lot of different things.

I really like the American Crew Tea Tree Pomade. It gives my hair some sheen but doesn't make it look to greasy and good form. Not to much though. American Crew has a lot of other products for spiking and similar. It all depends on what you want to do with your hair. Try the Tea Tree pomade first and if that doesn't satisfy your need i recommend the American Crew Fiber... now that's great for spiking and such.

I use Tea Tree Pomade daily - cant recommend it enough. Get about a nickel sice amount on your fingers and rub them together briskly to get the pomade warm and slippery, then run it through your hair ans style as desired - great stuff.

I have found that mop c-system leave-in styling conditioner is AMAZING for keeping
hair from drying out. I use this (just a bit) every day with Bumble and Bumbles Sumo Wax Pomade for styling. I hate my hair feeling greasy and with these products it holds it shape while being soft for my gf to run her hands through it.

You might try taking fish oil - it seems to have many benefits. I have found it helpful for dry hair and skin.

Good Conditioners work too. I like Baxter's Shampoo/Conditioner Mix. I wouldn't depend on your styling aid to provide moisture.

I ended up trimming my hair slightly (about a quarter of an inch) and it seems to have corrected the problem. I think I must have had split ends or something and that was contributing to the limpness and overall lack of health of my hair.

Top Bottom