What's new

Mmmmm...Butterscotch!

Gentlemen, for the SBAD in all of us, I give you another piece of 'scotch to feast your eyes upon. It's a 28/46mm knot in a Sabini-scotch handle, just a tad smaller than the handle of my beloved Chubby 2. My thoughts after a soap rinse, palm lather and first use with Trumper's Rose soap last night are... This is another gorgeous example of Lee's talents in brushmaking. It is literally as dense as my Chubby 2 with oh so soft tips and a comfy chubby handle to boot. It lathers like royalty and only shed two hairs when I first palm ''test'' lathered it. I think Lee fixed the shedding issue that has plagued a few brushes recently. Here are a few post bloom shots and a family photo. I made sure to send Lee an email stating how much I enjoy being spoiled by his work. Enjoy!
:badger::badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:

Attachments

• $11.jpg
    $11.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 366
  • $12.jpg
    $12.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 368
  • $13.jpg
    $13.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 364
  • $14.jpg
    $14.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 366
cessnabird:

Wow. That is a beautiful brush and a fine looking family of brushes you have there. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your shaves.

Don

Fantastic brush sir, enjoy in good health.

Beautiful Cobalt G5, what's the green one next to it?

Here is my M&F "...scotch" family:

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2012-03-10 at 8.55.09 AM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2012-03-10 at 8.55.09 AM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 344
Thanks Ben, and if I may, you're brushes look outstanding! Nice group of M&F's.
The one on the right is a Georgetown Pottery brush scuttle in ivory and green oribe.

Fantastic brush sir, enjoy in good health.

Beautiful Cobalt G5, what's the green one next to it?

Here is my M&F "...scotch" family:

That is one incredible looking brush! And it's joining an epic family...I'll be sending an email off to Lee later. Really fantastic...ok I'm off to clean up the drool.

Nice collection...I'm so new, I have no idea what type or size I should try or will like. I currently have a Parker badger brush and a Parker silver tipped and enjoy them both.

Ohhh boy, your poor Chubby my have possibly met his match with that 3 banded bomb shell that just arrived. Butterscotch isn't even my thing but even I'm completely turned on by this brush. She must feel glooooorious.. Enjoy Jer!

Stunning handle. And that three band hair looks great.
What is the hair like in the three band version? Hmmmm.

What a great post. Your new brush is glorious. The aerial shot really helps to demonstrate the true girth of the bloom. Yearning after a butterscotch as I am, I'm seriously jealous.

I like your family portrait, too. Looks like you might have room for one more shelf. . . .

That's a great looking brush cessna. I hope to get my brush from Lee pretty soon. I already have another brush I have in mind to order from him!

Thank you all for the kind words. As for the three band hair, the easiest way to describe it is, it's as dense as the Chubby 2 with the face feel "tips" of Simpsons super badger in three band. It is not at all scritchy.

Stunning handle. And that three band hair looks great.
What is the hair like in the three band version? Hmmmm.

Thank you all for the kind words. As for the three band hair, the easiest way to describe it is, it's as dense as the Chubby 2 with the face feel "tips" of Simpsons super badger in three band. It is not at all scritchy.

Sounds very nice. Enjoy it, it looks like a great brush.

Top Bottom