What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, scents don't last too long on me. I did go lighter on the BB ,but I actually like this combo a lot. At least no one asked me what kind of aftershave I was wearing today!:biggrin: That's when I know I used too much!:eek:

Interesting. I have both so will try it very soon.

Thursday, 22.III.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue SOC 2-band
Acca Kappa 1869
Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso Crema Liquida

proxy.php

AK 1869.....:001_wub::001_wub:

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: Brian Brown 8/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Tabac
After shave: Tabac

Pardon my absent lately, work demands a lot of me these days, when I finally get home I'm so tired I just want to go to sleep immediately, but try to get a little time with the wife and kids, really looking forward to almost two weeks off, just one more week to go :)

Last shave was saturday so I literally had a beard to shave today, touched up the BB on the Thuri, a looong hot shower and lathered up some Tabac.
The BB effortlessly wiped off the beard and resulted in a wonderful two pass DFS++

proxy.php

That must have been an agonisingly long wait, Rune! And a stunning pic too, my friend!:thumbup1:

I have it in Best, and I am really liking it actually. It is quite big, but I am liking the scrubbiness of it.

Interestingly, despite its size, I found the Chubby 2 Best quite soft, coming from a silvertip lover. It's just a pity there is such a difference in size between the 1 and 2.

Interestingly, despite its size, I found the Chubby 2 Best quite soft, coming from a silvertip lover. It's just a pity there is such a difference in size between the 1 and 2.
When I say scrubby, I am comparing to my EJ Silvertip. The backbone I think is the main factor (so even though it is soft, the backbone gives it a bit of scrub). Hope that made sense.

13/16 Aiku, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rodney Neep Kenya Soapstone, 24mm Silvertip
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Proraso Splash
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

Did you really take this picture at 5:37in the mornin? How is the Proraso splash by the way? Don't really have anything to put on my face for Summer, and it is slowly getting warmer.

There are far too many excellent soaps and creams out there, Balaji, to risk a poor shave. A magnificent close-up!:thumbup1:

Thank you David! I do like your close up here a lot. I like how you zoomed in on the spine sitting right on top of the Fern! Btw how is the Rod Neep Shaving Brush, do you like it a lot?

13/16 Aiku, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rodney Neep Kenya Soapstone, 24mm Silvertip
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Cold Water Rinse
Proraso Splash
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

Thank you David! I do like your close up here a lot. I like how you zoomed in on the spine sitting right on top of the Fern! Btw how is the Rod Neep Shaving Brush, do you like it a lot?

+1 - Great closeup, David. It's almost like this is a style of SOTD image that you like... :a30:

Did you really take this picture at 5:37in the mornin? How is the Proraso splash by the way? Don't really have anything to put on my face for Summer, and it is slowly getting warmer.

Till, it's no secret that I take all my SOTD photos for the week on a Sunday and Monday. I really don't have time in the morning to take pics, upload to Photobucket, and edit them. Furthermore, I only use my phone camera, so good light during the day is ideal or me. You cannot go far wrong with Proraso. There is a new formulation out(although not available in the UK yet) but I have just bought a new bottle of the existing one. In many ways I actually prefer it to the Floids. If you want a real menthol kick that serves as an aftershave and a cologne, then look no further than Alt-Innsbruck. Wonderful stuff!!!!

Thank you very much, Balaji:001_smile The Rodney Neep brush is excellent and I love the weight in the handle. It did lose quite a lot of hairs in the first few shaves, making me wonder, but that has now settled down. I love silvertip hair for brushes and this one excels.

Toyo Spezial | Semogue 2010 LE | MWF + GFT Lime Über | Nivea Replenishing
proxy.php

Another incredible shave. This razor is such a dream, and the MWF/GFT lather was as rich and luxurious as they come. To really make the über that much more übery, the lime scent was giving me a fresh clean feeling that worked so well!

We all survived another work week! Enjoy the weekend, gentlemen, you deserve the break!​

The working week is not over for some, Bill!!:mad: The "Special" is an excellent razor as you say. Have you tried the MWF on its own, knowing how much you love ubers?
And what can I say about the pic? Another masterpiece!!!!:thumbup:

I have used the MWF on its own. I really like it. I only added the lime today to keep with the "refreshing" theme...

As for the picture, thank you for the kind words! I had hard time deciding between a couple different versions of today's shave, but I felt like this one had some interesting lighting effects. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a better hang of using the iPhone for my pics...

The working week is not over for some, Bill!!:mad: The "Special" is an excellent razor as you say. Have you tried the MWF on its own, knowing how much you love ubers?
And what can I say about the pic? Another masterpiece!!!!:thumbup:

Friday, March 23, 2012. Good Morning!

Morning Coffee: Hills Brothers Original Blend
Prep: Wash face with Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Razor: Schick I1
Blade: Schick
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue SOC Cherry-Wood
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5

View attachment 230630

I really must try a boar brush on MWF some day. I always reach for a badger for some reason. Very nice shave and pic, Johnny!:thumbup1:

I have used the MWF on its own. I really like it. I only added the lime today to keep with the "refreshing" theme...

As for the picture, thank you for the kind words! I had hard time deciding between a couple different versions of today's shave, but I felt like this one had some interesting lighting effects. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a better hang of using the iPhone for my pics...

Well please don't become more enthusiastic, Bill, and go even more advanced with camera equipment....I'll never keep up with all that!!!!!!!:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom