What's new

It Has Arrived: Castle Forbe Lime Cream

This afternoon I received my Castle Forbes Lime Cream. I can't wait to use it in my DB scuttle!

Congrats on your new CF Lime. I'm willing to bet you'll love it. It has been my absolute favorite for years,along with Trumpers Coconut.Both creams are superb in all areas,IMO.

Craig

Because I like to support small artisan soap makers and I feel there are some excellent quality soap/cream artisans on this forum, I did not want to order this cream. Plus, at $38 per tub, it is rather expensive. My brother, being the awesome fellow he is, gave me a tub of CF lime for my birthday last month. It is a wonderful cream. You will find many folks on this forum who feel this, and other CF creams, are the overall top performing creams of all that is offered to the wet shaving world. I love the scent and have been surprised to hear how polarizing the scent of this cream can be. But, as with everything else on B&B, YMMV. Enjoy.

Yup, I'm one who was disappointed with the scent what with all the B&B praise it gets. I actually much prefer T&H's lime scent which many people do not like. Regardless, CF is an awesome performer.

I have the lavender and think its the best performing cream I own. I like the lime scent a little better an will prob try to trade mine for lime in the b\s\t soon. Great stuff!

There's a reason I sold my 30 tubes of bigelow and bought 5 tubs of castle Forbes lime..
Stuff is intoxicating scent and it's hands down the best cream I have used along with king Louis razorock..

It is a fantastic performer with a wonderful scent. I have all three of the CF creams and find they are all top performers. I hope that you will enjoy your lime CF.

Regards,

Doug

Update: I used my Castle Forbes Lime for the first time this morning. I had enough lather for a three pass shave for myself and everyone in my B & B friends list! A tremendous amount of lather from a pea sized amount. Amazing performer and scent!

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Has the CF Lime Oil been reformulated recently? Could the OP post the ingredients list on his bowl, please?

I found this ingredient list for a current listing on highlandmenscare.com

Aqua (Water), Stearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Citrus Aurantifola (Lime Essential Oil), Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

Remind me again how this is different than the goo-in-a-can ;)

Marco, I noticed on the WCS site that the ingredients as listed for the travel size and normal size have different formulations.

travel: INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lime Essential Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

regular tub: INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe Vera, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Lime Essential Oil, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothliazolinone, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool

I don't have a travel tub, but the regular tub that I purchased is identical to the regular list above. I'm curious as to whether they actually are different or not.

I'm pretty sure CF went paraben free awhile back...my tub of Lavender is paraben free and says paraben free right on the box...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, I noticed on the WCS site that the ingredients as listed for the travel size and normal size have different formulations.

travel: INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Glycerin, Lime Essential Oil, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben

regular tub: INGREDIENTS: Water, Stearic Acid, Aloe Vera, Myristic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Coconut Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Lime Essential Oil, Citric Acid, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylisothliazolinone, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene, Citral, Geraniol, Linalool

I don't have a travel tub, but the regular tub that I purchased is identical to the regular list above. I'm curious as to whether they actually are different or not.

Thank you for posting this. I just wanted to know if Castle Forbes did reformulate its shaving creams making them paraben free, as other UK brands. It seems they did.

Top Bottom