What's new

Rooney stubby size 3 (large) or Rooney stubby 1xl

hello everyone. im looking at these 2 rooney brushes and their specs on vintage blades and cant figure out if the models were reversed.

the stubby size 3 (large)

Overall brush height: 100mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 50mm
Knot diameter: 26mm

the stubby 1xl

Overall brush height: 86 mm
Handle height: 40 mm
Brush Loft: 46 mm
Knot diameter: 25 mm

am i missing something here or is the size 3 larger in every aspect?

That's correct, the 1XL is 25mm, 2XL is 28mm and the size 1 is 22mm, size 2 is 24mm and size 3 is 26mm.

Size 3 is going to be bigger in ever aspect including the bloom. The Heritage XL series doesn't bloom much at all. The different between these two brushes (and it is a significant difference) is the hair. The Heritage XL hair is unlike anything else on the market.

Ha - my mistake on saying "heritage xl" - - correction - - the Rooney Heritage line hair is unlike anything else on the market. The Heritage Emillion, Heritage Beehive, Heritage Stubby, and Heritage XL all have the same hair with the variance being the XL's are denser giving more of that velvety feel on your face.

I have a 2XL and considered buying an Emillion as well. I was told that the hair would be the same by VB. Main difference, as show by members here, is that the XL series is a good bit denser. I just got a Simpsons Tulip 3 2-band....while the hair is similar to the 2XL, the 2XL is noticeably denser than that brush also. If you want a dense brush that has a firm face feel with soft tips, the XL series is the way to go. Just be gentle when face lathering, as the backbone on the XL is very firm.

hello everyone. im looking at these 2 rooney brushes and their specs on vintage blades and cant figure out if the models were reversed.

the stubby size 3 (large)

Overall brush height: 100mm
Handle height: 50mm
Brush Loft: 50mm
Knot diameter: 26mm

the stubby 1xl

Overall brush height: 86 mm
Handle height: 40 mm
Brush Loft: 46 mm
Knot diameter: 25 mm

am i missing something here or is the size 3 larger in every aspect?

the XL series is different than the regular Stubby series. If you look at the handles for both, the Stubby series has 1 ring running along the middle of the brush whereas the XL series has 2 rings. I believe the hair is the same but the knots are very different. The XL series is more dense and lofted at a lower height than the Stubby series. if you compare the 1XL to the Stubby 1 you'll see that the 1XL is way larger than it's cousin. Same thing with the 3XL. The 3XL has a 30mm knot compared to the 26mm knot the Stubby 3 has.

Very different brushes. I have yet to own any of the stubbies but I have all three XL series brushes. The 1XL is short but I really like it it. My favorite of the 3 is the 2XL. If you bowl lather and your bowl is pretty tall, I say avoid the 1XL as the handle is short and you'll likely hit your fingers on the bowl.

$Rooney.jpg

Top Bottom