What's new

BTAD Anyone else suffer from this?

strop

Now half as wise
Brooks Brothers. $IMAG0057.jpg

strop

Now half as wise
Thanks, Bill. They are not quite as "stiff" as a BeauTie, but still hold their shape well. That picture was after about 12 hours on the job.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I rather like Brooks Brothers ties. I wish they would have a bigger variety at their outlets. I haven't "committed" myself to buy them online through their site for that price point. I would rather buy from the fine folks at BTL.

Hi guys. So two days ago I ran across this thread. Today for easter the ol lady gifted me two bows she picked up for me at Buffalo Exchange, a local thrift shop. Also went over to her sisters father in laws house and he has been wearing bows since '73. He gifted me one as well! I now have three!

Someone has to die or get married for me to wear a tie anymore, but I love seeing Bow Ties. My addictions are vintage cuff links and traditional braces.

It's little quips like this:

This is kind of the perfect bow tie to wear if you’re a dude riding your wife’s bike around town. A little flamboyant, no? Maybe not. Just more so than our usual classic and subdued offerings. Still, an eye-catcher and a handsome bow tie no matter how you characterize it.

That keep me going back!

As my moniker would suggest, I am a confirmed bowtie wearer and recommend them heartily. I have backed off on purchases, mainly due to cost - my secret source in the past was Filene's Basement, where a bowtie could be picked up for about fifteen or twenty bucks. They recently went out of business and I am having a hard time getting used to paying huge amounts for a little scrap of cloth. Luckily I've got a bunch already, and a good friend recently gave me a handful of vintage bowties (thinner) so I've got enough for now - until I find a stash for cheap, at which point I will grab some more.

As my moniker would suggest, I am a confirmed bowtie wearer and recommend them heartily. I have backed off on purchases, mainly due to cost - my secret source in the past was Filene's Basement, where a bowtie could be picked up for about fifteen or twenty bucks. They recently went out of business and I am having a hard time getting used to paying huge amounts for a little scrap of cloth. Luckily I've got a bunch already, and a good friend recently gave me a handful of vintage bowties (thinner) so I've got enough for now - until I find a stash for cheap, at which point I will grab some more.

:sad:

Not much posting in this thread lately, but I'm back in court, so I thought I'd share the BTOTD:

proxy.php

Charcoal Grey MTM Suit, White Neiman Marcus Shirt with black and pink check, Beau Tie, Ltd. Emporia Tie, pink linen pocket square​

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I've been slacking it lately as well. Ill try to get some posts going back in here. Love the suit as usual :)

Top Bottom