What's new

The Converter is Empty

Pilot VP ran out of Organics Studio Nitrogen. Refilled with Noodler's Black Eel.
Lamy 2000 ran out of Liberty's Elysium and refilled with Apache Sunset.

The Lamy 2000 is dry. Again. That's 11 whole days on this refill. Another shot of Bad Black Moccasin is already loaded, but I'm going to have to flush and clean this guy soon.

I keep a fountain pen in the kitchen for shopping lists, recipe notes, etc. The Camlin Elegante (India) I was using ran dry of Hero 232 Blue-Black this morning. I cleaned it out and put it back into storage. In its place, I filled a Waterman Taperite Crusader with Rohrer & Klingner Salix. Because of the kitchen environment, I like to keep a waterproof ink in the pens used there. I'll be interested to see how the Salix performs.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Delta blue was replaced by Lamy blue in my Pelikan M250. The Delta seemed a little washed-out compared to the Lamy.

Eyedroppered a Wearever Pennant (M) with Waterman Intense Black yesterday.

I eyedropperred another Pennant (M) with Waterman Audacious Red this morning, but cracked the body while putting in the nib assembly. :angry: Emptied said body of ink.

Reform 1745 inked with Pelikan 4001 Royal Blue for testing.

Will clean and store today:

* Parker Vac Major of Quink Blue/Black
* Diplomat Magnum Soft Touch (F) of Pel 4001 Brilliant Black
* Pilot Custom Heritage 91 (MF) of either Ku-jaku or Eau de Nil
* Sheaffer cartridge pen w/fine Triumph nib (of Quink Blue-Black); I was going to ED this but the pen is old enough to have a metal feed to assist in puncturing cartridges. Will probably fill the cart with Waterman or Sheaffer Red once it's dry.

Last edited:
Pilot Custom 74 with Con-50 converter ran out of Diamine Merlot.
Refilled with Con-70 converter and Noodlers Purple Heart.

2 Metros with Noodler's North African Violet (I can't find a non-Noodler's ink in that shade for some reason) and Private Reserve's Chocolat

Ran my M1000 out of Lamy Blue Black that I got from the Traveling Ink Box. This Lamy Blue Black works great in this pen. The Lamy Blue Black is real hit and miss though...Ironically, it didn't work very well in my Lamy 2000 (broad nib):w00t:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The Sheaffer Balance I was using ran out of Diamine Prussian Blue and was rinsed at work and refilled with Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Brown. I'd forgotten how nice this stuff looks with a flexible nib -- really old school.

Top Bottom