What's new

The Converter is Empty

TWSBI mini ran out of Noodlers Apache Sunset last night. Flushed and filled up with Private Reserve Ebony Purple. Loving this color so far and no apparent flow issues yet.

You sure it's not the nib size being responsible for the fast ink consumption? :tongue_sm

I am sure that it has something to do with it :001_rolle But I can read my writing better and has more character. I have had the nib for a while, but with pages of notes..... yep going through the ink. Besides, how else am I going to use up that bottle? :thumbup:

While writing checks this morning, my red-striated Wearever lever-filler ran out of Sheaffer Skrip #22 Permanent Blue-Black. I cleaned it out and returned it to the storage case. In its place, I filled my English Waterman's 515 with Noodler's Five O-Clock Shadow. I always like to have a pen inked up with a permanent black or blue-black for checks, addressing envelopes, etc.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pelikan M200 ran really low on Waterman's Florida blue so I refilled with Montblanc Royal Blue.

I like the MB better. Both flow well, I guess I need to buy whatever replacement Waterman made for the Florida.

Pelikan M200 ran really low on Waterman's Florida blue so I refilled with Montblanc Royal Blue.

I like the MB better. Both flow well, I guess I need to buy whatever replacement Waterman made for the Florida.
Waterman's Florida Blue has been renamed as Serenity Blue. Apparently the same ink, just a different name.

Loaded a Pilot up with Private Reserve's DC Electric Blue. I actually had tried Baystate Blue and then noticed that the kitchen rubber gloves that I usually wear (I get ink all over the place, especially with repeated rinsing and trying different samples) weren't rinsing clean the way they did with almost any other ink (the only other non-rinsing ones were Scabiosa and Salix, the modern iron gall ones). I promptly rinsed the heck out of that Pilot and went back to Private Reserve.

A pen-friendly version of Baystate Blue would be nice . . .

Well, apparently my new TWSBI broad uses ink like a fire hose.

TWSBI USA has written through my sample of Diamine Teal.

It's cleaned and flushed, eagerly awaiting a new bottle of of Liberty's Elysium in tomorrow's mail.

Speaking of fire hoses, my Lamy 2000 (med) ran dry of Bad Black Moccasin again. Refilled with the same.

I ran my Pilot VP out of Diamine Eau de Nil and refilled it with Diamine Asa Blue. This is my first time using Asa Blue, and I really enjoy it. I can't seem to stop using this pen, especially at work.

-Andy

Top Bottom