What's new

The Converter is Empty

Filled the empty Lamy 2000 with my neglected Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris. A good choice. I've had this ink for years but I only use it in my 78G pens, so haven't really given it a fair shake. But it's well-behaved, with good color, and always cleans out quickly. It always filled the niche of "sort of black but not really."

In the extremely wet-writing Lamy 2000 medium, it doesn't look "green-grey" as the name suggests, but rather a *very* dark navy blue-black. This is probably the truest blue-black I've ever come across, short of iron gall formulations.

I'm happy. I've always thought that the Lamy 2000 demanded a dark blue ink, and I was considering buying the limited edition Montblanc JFK navy blue ink for this very purpose. But as it turns out, I've had one all along. Well done R&K!

Last edited:
My Parker 51 ran dry of Organics Studio "John Hancock". Flushed and returned to the storage chest. Filled my Lamy 2000 (F Nib) with Noodler's Navy (one of several ink samples I recently received from Goulet.) The ink looks OK so far, but I'm not sure it's different enough from several other blues to inspire me to buy a full bottle.

My Reform 1745 ran out of Diamine Grape today at work. Going home to a nice flush and probably into storage. I have a second one I want to try out to see if they write the same. I've heard that 1745 can have very different writing nibs. I know by two Pilot 78G's are very different, even though they are both fine point.

I do kind of like the Diamine Grape though. I didn't at first, but now I appreciate the color a bit more. It's almost black on some paper and changes to a bit more purple on other paper. The change in color is fun to see as I try it out on all kinds of things.

Pilot Prera (F) emptied of Pilot Blue and ink transferred to a Sheaffer 330 (M). Prera is stored.
Airmail 69TJ (F stub) emptied of Diamine Med Blue and stored.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
While filling out a chess postcard, my Pelikan M205 ran dry. Screwed up the convertor all the way just to get enough in the feed to finish the card with the same ink.

Mike, how do you like the Airmail 69? Did you get it from Kevin at FPR?

I bought it on the Classifieds at FPN from a lawyer who sells from time to time. It was one of his pens during law school. He ground the nib to a stub.

I really like it. It's probably just at the limit of what I can write with in terms of line width, but it is a treat to use.

Sailor 1911M emptied of Pilot Blue (I think) and stored.
Recifepolitan emptied of Waterman purple (failed experiment); changed nibs (Pilot EF) and filled with Waterman red.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
While filling out the mailing address on a chess postcard, my Kaweco Sport, eyedroppered with Blue-Black Quink, ran dry. It's now soaking as a flush. My Lamy 2000 and Pelikan M205 will carry the main load over the Kaweco and my Esterbrooks for the next few months or so.

Pelikan 140 emptied of Pelikan 4001 Black and stored.
Parker Vacumatic emptied of Diamine Eau de Nil and stored.
Airmail 69TJ with new EF nib heat-set and filled with EdN for testing.

Pilot Falcon SEF ran out of Noods Violet...I don't think I'll get any more of that -- not the right color for me and feathered / bled more than I wanted.

rinsed and refilled with sample of Iroshizuku Kiri-same (grey). My first ink of this brand. So far I like how it behaves, but it may be a bit too pale for my taste, we'll see. It does shade nicely though.

Ran out of Diamine Asa Blue in my Parker 45 during a meeting today. It is back home and re-filled. It's a great combination to take meeting minutes with. I had to finish the meeting minutes with my Sheaffer 440 with J. Herbin Violette Pensee, but no one gave me any funny looks.

I'm finding that the Parker 45 and Sheaffer 440 are by far my favorite work pens. I will have to get a few others of that vintage to build out my collection that I have with me at work on a daily basis. I want one inked in black, one blue/dark blue, one red, and one green.

Another one bites the dust. My Esterbrook SJ ran out of Diamine Classic Red today. I've filled it up with Noodlers Midnight Blue.

Emptied the two eyedroppers because they need a little nib tweaking.

I am now down to one pen inked, plus my correction pen for work. :w00t::scared:

Filled my Edison Beaumont (EF) with MB Irish Green because I suddenly have four letters to write; I will use up the Sheaffer first if I can.

Top Bottom