What's new

The Converter is Empty

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Tanked up my Pelikan M200 with Omas blue as part of my morning routine. Looks like faded denim.

Last night I finished a refilled cart in a Kaweco Sport Ice. Gave it clean and placed in my drying chamber next to a few others. Opened my pen box to discover that currently I only have two pens inked. Don't know how but it totally got away from me. I am going to have to remedy this tonight.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
currently I only have two pens inked.

proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just ran out at work a few moments ago..... Benton Clay's Shakespeare with Pelikan Edelstein Onyx
At least it was at day's end :tongue_sm

Benevolent Badger Blue in my TWSBI 540. I really like the way this pen/ink duo writes. It's just about perfect. I do believe I'll fill up the same pen with the same ink.

My very first, stock cartridge for my Lamy AL-Star ran out recently and I put in a replacement T10 in black. Then I quickly realized I don't want to do that forever and purchased my first ink jars from Goulet Pens!

Lamy vista finally ran out of 5 o'clock shadow. Ordered some samples and a new nib from goulets but I don't know if I can wait to ink it up again. A full converter lasts forever in this thing.

I have just re-filled a Lamy 2000 with Caran d'Ache Blue Sky and a Pelikan M605 with a Noodlers ink which is relabelled here and sold as Gold Brown. The world is in order.

Emptied a few today, some were very low, as I generally don't change inks until it runs dry.

Lamy Nexx (EF) filled Noodler's Liberty's Elysium
Lamy Safari (1.1) filled with Private Reserve Naples Blue
Platnium Preppy (F) filled with Sheaffer Skrip Turquoise
Lamy Logo (1.1) filled with Monteverde Blue

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Much bigger than the standard "convertor is empty" post, my eyedroppered Kaweco Sport with Pelikan Edelstein Tanzanite just ran dry. It lasted approx 5 weeks of daily usage.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Sailor 1911 with 'emperor' naginata togi ran dry of Bad belted Kingfisher. ... or Bad Blue Heron ... whichever.

My Edison 2012 LEE FPN and 2012 B&B LE both ran out last week...

My 2011 B&B LE is almost empty,

Actually, come to think of it...all but that one and my TWSBI's are empty...

Top Bottom